• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need help with Arm Cylinder

Ncjetskier

Kobelco SK200 LC Mark IV.

This past weekend we went to replace the seals in the Arm Cylinder. When we disassembled the hydraulic cylinder, the piston had several small chunks taken out near the seals and the cylinder was scorn - badly. There is a possibility that a machine shop can fix the piston, and the shop might be able to cut the ends off the hydraulic cylinder and weld a new cylinder on the existing ends. This is a far shot, but we are going to try.

There is a local SK210 Dynamic Acera that is being parted out. How would I measure the arm cylinder on the machine being parted out to see if (by chance) it will fit my SK200 LC? It might sound like a dumb question, but I don't want to through good money after bad. Thanks for any help.

StevenG

A good machine shop or hydraulic shop should be able to hone the cylinder and repair the piston. I'd price it both ways, nothing saying the used parts are going to be in perfect condition.

John Shipp

Occupation
forestry contracting
Yes, if it looks like a match in dimensions - overall closed length of ram (from pin holes centre to centre), pin bush diameters and if hydraulic fittings match up without too much agro, many round here would fit it complete and see how it goes, assuming it's not expensive to purchase off the breakers. Does the parted out ram look to be in good condition?

Vetech63

How would I measure the arm cylinder on the machine being parted out to see if (by chance) it will fit my SK200 LC?
Start by measuring the pin sizes in diameter, the boss end widths on both the cylinder base and rod ends. The measure center of both pin centers with the cylinder fully extended and fully retracted.

Ncjetskier

Going to look maybe purchase tomorrow. My existing cylinder is too messed up to use. The piston threads stripped when taking it off.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
But now, be smart, get the serial number and model off the donor machine, and etch it into the cylinders you took off. You'll thank yourself in a couple years when you have forgotten what machine you took them off. I can't remember breakfast .... Lol