• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need help with 1st time FL purchase

Abouna

OK, so we've gotten to the point where we need some handling equipment in our business. Problem is, other than running a Bobcat a few times over the years, we've never used or owned anything considered Heavy Equipment!

Here's the problem and I'm hoping to get some help here. We need to move up to 2k+ lbs. in a confined space. Our first thought was a small fork lift, but we know nothing about them.

- needs to be very maneuverable, we have a 6' door and even tighter working space to deal with
- used is a must, we need to keep the budget low
- lift height is not major, semi bed height would be nice but not a must

Some guidance please.

PS- I found what seems to be a small FL locally but I can't find any info on it. It's a Toyota Model 40-3FG315

kanewolf

Sounds like a stand-in forklift might be the ticket. Shorter wheelbase than conventional. What surface(s) do you have to use the lift on?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
LoL, naw, I'm not interested, but looks like it will fit the need you described. :)