• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

need help on asv positrack. md 2810. float not working

schmark1

the bucket float mechanism has stopped working on my 2810. it works if I hold it down continuously but if you take your hand off the contol lever it does not stay in place. does anyone have experience with this? is there an adjustment that can be made. thanks for any help

Arny L

If its anything like my RC 30, it uses an electrical magnet to hold the float in position. Look underneath boot for damaged wires, check fuses, check for dirt and oil covering magnet surface, check magnet is intact.

schmark1

Thank you for response. Your rc 30 is quite newer than my 2810. I have an exploded view of all parts and I don't see a magnet of any type listed. It does show a detent weldment. Thank you. I will dig into it and check it out. I did look under the control handle boot and can see a couple other boots deeper down that don't show up on the exploded view. I think the reason that is, is because the control valve sells as an assembled unit and you can't but the individual components separately. I will dig deeper andLet you know what I find

Arny L

Thank you for response. Your rc 30 is quite newer than my 2810. I have an exploded view of all parts and I don't see a magnet of any type listed. It does show a detent weldment. Thank you. I will dig into it and check it out. I did look under the control handle boot and can see a couple other boots deeper down that don't show up on the exploded view. I think the reason that is, is because the control valve sells as an assembled unit and you can't but the individual components separately. I will dig deeper andLet you know what I find
Yer probably right, if its not a magnet, then a detent ball and spring of some sort. You might have to dig into the valve a bit.

schmark1

I am in Michigan. Machine is outside. Only just above freezing now. Will wait for better day to check it out. I am going to check out exploded view of rc 30 and see it it is same as mine. I do this at trackloaderparts.com. it is great site and can get parts diagrams