• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need help on 931b

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
Wow, Imajica! - You've sure got your moneys worth (and someone elses, too!) out of those 931B track shoes!!

TruckorTrack seem to have the best prices on undercarriage at present. They appear to be selling ITR brand.
Select "Loader" in the bottom RH corner of the page below, then insert your make and model in the drop down menu on the following page.

Welder Dave

It was quite a few years ago but I recall the pads from Trek were $15 or $17 each. I have quite a few good used pads still bolted on the old chains but I also have 20 to 30 that are loose so I just went with all new and paid an extra $300 or so to have them bolted on the rails in the track press. It would have been time consuming and a bit of a hassle torque turning 288 track bolts. The 8 for the master links is easy and fast.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
I got a quote from Aftermarket Express in FL last week, they want $19.80 each for 14" shoes for the 931B.
This supplier in FL was throwing them out as surplus for under $10 each a few months back, the offer didn't last long. When I contacted them, there was only 5 left at that price.

Welder Dave

$9.60 is a great price but so is $19.80 actually. Not worth re-grousering or trying to get more life out of worn pads at that price. Each pad weighs a few pounds and when you figure in the bolt holes they are pretty cheap. What brings the cost up is you need 70 or 72 plus master pads. Early 931B used 36 pads per side and later models used 37 per side.