• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

need advice on vibrascreen

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
i am going tomorrow to look at a vibrascreen it is deutz powered hydraulic driven,

I have about 10,000 yd of dirt that got some gumbo clumps mixed in it and would like to seperate them so i can get a premium price for my dirt. the screen comes with a full set of stainless steel screens ranging from fines to 3" does anyone have any input on this working for my application and if so what should i give for it, it is a stationary unit and not on wheels but we have a rollback so im not concerned about it.

he said its about 10yrs old, it is part of a rock quarry sell out.

i cant find much info on the net about them for some reason, i have found some brand new ones and good used ones in the high $teens and low $twenties but they are portable so im sure they are worth a lot more, I think i can pick this one up for about $5k does that sound fair??

he also has a 275 i would like to have but thats for another thread i am going to post in a few minutes.

any help appreciated.

pj

AKSNOW

Occupation
Heavy Eqpt / NCCO Crane operator
We used one for years to screen sand for the highways. They are really reliable as we would run non-stop for three months every summer to get 1/2"- for the road and 3/8"- for the airport.all in all we would run ~ 25,000 yds of river bed material through to get 12-15,000 yds of end product each year and other then screens and the occasional roller, never had a problem. Ours was a portable unit and not sure what DOT paid for it new. We greased it everyday and would hard face the grizzley bars and top deck about once or twice a season. Good luck!

DoyleX

Occupation
Lever Puller, Gear Jammer, Pipe Twister
I built the same thing out of a ancient Lipmann 2 deck. Works great but was a pain to figure out the tricks to production. Your material will need to be very dry and loose. Wishing I had a feeder. I use a 2" scalper screen with a 5/8 bottom.

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
i went and looked at it yesterday and it was FAR from what was said to be, it was a stationary unit not mobile, it was at best 30yrs old, only had one set of sand screens for it, and to top it off it was 3phase ...... total waste of time but oh well. it was the type that required a feeder conveyor and a unloading conveyor, to top it off it was only one deck so i guess im still looking for one lol

i would really like a portable hammermill and missed a damn nice one on purplewave last week for 6k but thats the way it goes i suppose

pj