• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

need advice on used wheel loader up to 40k.

loaderlips

hello to all . just joined as I have no idea on what Im looking for.heres the deal. I run a salvage yard (junkyard) for automotive parts . our old cat machine from the 70s is near dead. need a wheel loader to handle the duties of picking up crashed cars and moving them around. what are some good workhorse units to look for in the 40k or less price range ? volvo,case,cat,komatsu? the one we have now I think is a 720a or something like that. any advise would be greatly appreciated. this is a big purchase . glad there are forums like this .thankx

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
Look at condition more then year model. Talk to people in the construction, quarry, and lumber/pulp mills about local dealers for parts and service. Keep to older models with less electronics, age is one of the biggest enemies of electronics. Consider front end log loaders, they have forks with upper clamp arm for safety reasons, you don't want to drop a car on somebodies head.