• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need a new one of these

Cat287B

This thing is almost 20 years old and needs to be retired.
I've stopped at most of the truck stops between Orlando and Jackson Ms. and can't find one.
Any ideas where I can find one?
Thanks, Pete

Attachments

• post pics 001.jpg
    post pics 001.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 483

will_gurt

Charter Member
Occupation
operator in extended holding pattern
This thing is almost 20 years old and needs to be retired.
I've stopped at most of the truck stops between Orlando and Jackson Ms. and can't find one.
Any ideas where I can find one?
Thanks, Pete

http://www.allcushions.com

http://www.safehomeproducts.com/shp...=701&f=N&tp=12074&frompg=99&topg=0&menupage=0

http://www.autobarn.net/orbeadvelbea.html

The third one is the closest I could find on a short search. the first is one of the wooden roller bead types.

Hope this helps.

ZAXIS

Occupation
Mgr./Member of Rainwater Construction Company, LLC
CAT287B, I don't know about the seat, but I was wondering what size ductile iron pipe you were laying in the background ? -don't see that much d.i. anymore. ZAXIS

Turbo21835

ZAXIS, it depends where your at. We se a lot up here. Ive seen a lot in Ohio also. There was a big water main put in south of here a few years ago. I belive it was 36in ductile iron. The rare pipe around here is RCP. At least for water it is. Theres an upcomming project that is using 24 in RCP.

ZAXIS

Occupation
Mgr./Member of Rainwater Construction Company, LLC
Turbo21835, We used to lay it all the time here in ARK, but in the early 90's we started laying mostly pvc water & sewer as opposed to clay tile sewer & d.i. water. ZAXIS

Big Iron

Occupation
Project Manager
Although it doesn't look like the one I had in the past the wooden roller is amazing, it cools like the one in the photo and is really comfortable, kinda massage's (you know that thing that your wife stopped doing shortly after marriage) your back and the rest of that side of your body at the same time.

The pipe in the background looks like ADS drainage pipe (look at the ribs) to me.

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
cat287b, your cool cushion looks alot better than mine, i wore out the hinges from the seat part to the back part then it finally broke in two so i used just the bottom part for years til it finally wore out, the best ones ever made in my opinion,the last new one ive seen was at a garage sale and my buddy spotted it first so he got it. this old blade hand was sitting on a 16g no a/c i spotted his cushion like yours i aked him what it was, he told me its like a cool breeze under your balls all day long, he was right.

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
what i can gather they are made by rubberqueen, or rubbermaid, after a few phonecalls i got ahold of an old friend and he even called the company himself and found out they quit making them back in 1988 so you better hang on to the one you got, im not positive on this info so dont stop lookin, but if i hear any more ill let you know, i understand your perdicament,after you get used to those there is no goin back

Cat287B

Thanks guys

I kinda figured they weren't around any more, been looking for a while.
Any idea how long those bead jobs last?
Thanks again.
Pete