• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need a little more help Case 90XT (hydraulics)

Bobcat Crazy

Occupation
Environmental Services Director
Hi All,
I finally got her going :D:D:):p! Man that was a long drawn out rebuild :eek: but it was just when I had spare time. The engine runs great and everything seems to work as it should except the speed of the hydraulics. It seems to have plenty of hydraulic power but the bucket goes up and tilts very slow. The bucket drops plenty fast (which I realize gravity Helps in that direction) the tilt is very slow in both ways.

On the handles there are buttons. A red button and a black button on the left handle, and only one black button on the right handle. The labels are worn off of these so I am not sure what they do. I think the red and the black ones on the left handle lock and unlock the brakes, I can't tell that the one button on the right handle does anything at this point.

I don't know if the hydraulics are supposed to have two speeds and I have a solenoid that is not working or if it is some other issue.

So I have three main questions.
1. can anyone confirm what these buttons are supposed to do?
2. Is there a link where I could read an ops manual online which would give me this information?
3. Any ideas on what to look for to get the hydraulics working at the right speed?

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Below are the different lever set ups for the 90XT.
The hydraulics will have only one speed - "2 speed" usually relates to transmission - travel speed.

RE the hydraulics you will need to test the main relief pressure to begin with - 2950 to 3050 psi at 2000rpm

90XT left lever.png 90xt right lever.png

Bobcat Crazy

Occupation
Alrman, you always come through with the help that is needed. Thanks again for your help!

Bobcat Crazy

Occupation
Check and make sure ax hydraulics is not on! I know 1845c will act that way with ax hyd locked on.
Thanks, Steve for your reply. Now try not to laugh at my next question about this, I don't have a book with this thing. So if I push the butterfly pedal in the very front of the cab floorboard, (I guess that is what it is called), either way, it puts a strain on the engine so I know it is on. Is there a way to turn off the Aux Hydraulics or is it considered off when the butterfly pedal is in the center?

62oliver

Thanks, Steve for your reply. Now try not to laugh at my next question about this, I don't have a book with this thing. So if I push the butterfly pedal in the very front of the cab floorboard, (I guess that is what it is called), either way, it puts a strain on the engine so I know it is on. Is there a way to turn off the Aux Hydraulics or is it considered off when the butterfly pedal is in the center?

Yes, that is the "off" position

Bobcat Crazy

Occupation
Hey Guys, I hope everyone is doing well with all of the craziness out there these days.

I was told yesterday that my 90xt is supposed to run 10w-40 motor oil in the hydraulics. Can any of you confirm that? I am running a high-grade hydraulic oil in the system. Could that be what is causing the slow and jumpy bucket lift and tilt?
Thanks,
B-Crazy

suladas

As far as I can remember it's suppose to be 10w30 oil with anti-foaming additive. I don't know if hydraulic oil would cause those problems, I doubt it.

Bobcat Crazy

Occupation
Thanks again Guys for the help. If I ever totally finish this Case I am sticking with the Bobcats from now on. I am very hardheaded :eek: but even I think I have actually learned my lesson this time! :confused::confused:o_O

B-Crazy

Bobcat Crazy

Occupation