• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need a Komatsu/ Demag expert - PC1400 Excavator

Chopper95

Trying to find more information on the PC1400 Super Shovel that Komatsu produced in the early 2000's; the newest machine I've been able to find is an '04.

My understanding is that the PC1400 was the only machine not updated from the older Demag mining shovels/ excavators, this model stayed identical to the H135S that Demag produced. Again, this is my understanding, and I'm not 100% certain on the matter.

1.jpg
3.jpeg
12.jpeg
17.jpg
19.jpg

I haven't been able to find any manuals on this machine, just basic spec charts...

309,000 pounds
20.5 ft tall
18.5 ft wide
12.5 yd bucket
758 horse power (Cummins VTA28C)

Any information besides that is just sort of ... "eh" ~ not very relevant.

I'm just curious as to why I've never even seen this model until recently; I know the 135 was one of Demag's most popular models, yet the Komatsu PC1400 seems to be a flop? :confused:

Can't seem to find much on this machine; I'm just curious about it... :rolleyes: