• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

need a fluid that can safely replace or mix with bobcat hydraulic hydrostatic fluid

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Two very common types of hyd oil are R&O oil and AW oil. R&O hyd oil has additives to prevent Rust & Oxidation, hence the name. AW oil has the same additives as R&O oil, but has Anti Wear additives as well and doesn't cost that much more. Then there is the ISO grade of 22, 32, 46, and 64, which reflect the viscosity of the oil. In most area of N America, and AW32 or AW46 will work just fine. Overheating and thinning of the oil is usually not an issue on Bobcats as they use an oil cooler. Not sure what oil Wal Mart has, but NAPA and other Auto Parts have AW hyd oil. I would choose a good oil though. I've used Super S brand AW oil, and when you empty the bucket, you can see residue at the bottom of the bucket. I've used higher quality oils (Shell, Conoco, Chevron) and the bucket is clean at the bottom. I think Valvoline produces oil for NAPA, good brand as well.

MECHTRONIK

a 30w trans oil will run fine in the hyd and its cheap
I cracked a hose on one once and it was running on diesel , seems our night serviceman was getting confused

rpctsv

Why does Case use 30 weight motor oil in their hydraulics?Can't be much difference?I borrowed my buddies brush attch and he uses the bobcat hyd oil and i'm concerned I will pollute his hydraulic oil.

skidsteer.ca

Occupation
Contractor
Why does Case use 30 weight motor oil in their hydraulics?Can't be much difference?I borrowed my buddies brush attch and he uses the bobcat hyd oil and i'm concerned I will pollute his hydraulic oil.

Just remove one coupler and pump your oil through the attachment until its purged.
Ken