• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

N14 370e ---BC4?

H621

Hey guys I have a N14 that I am having a tough time finding the right P/N for the accessory drive oil seal. The engine serial number data plate is gone and Kenworth can't find the part using the VIN. What's in the truck now is a 3078221 which was finger loose. This truck has has 2 or 3 seals put in back to back and keeps leaking. Yes I am aware the cover housing bore could be worn somehow but even with a new cover I'm still left guessing a seal number and would look mighty stupid in front of customer when the new cover doesn't solve the problem. The accessory drive on the truck is a 3078307. TIA

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Thats a teflon seal. It shouldn't fail if installed properly. Has anyone looked at the accessory drive pulley? There is a wear sleeve offered.
Come to think of it, has anyone checked the loaded axial play of the drive itself? Might need to be rebuilt.

RocketScott

3078307 is a large shaft

They make two different seals, with or without the wear sleeve. 3078221 is used with the wear sleeve. 3078292 is used without the wear sleeve

Don't forget the little keyway seal

Last edited:

H621

Which key way seal are you referring to? That's a big help on which seal goes with wear sleeve. The parts breakdown myself and the dealer have dont show a keyway seal. This is a Reman recently installed drive

RocketScott

The keyway seal goes in the keyway after the pulley is installed, under the washer

3008947.jpg

Truck Shop

Even with a keyway seal it's always a good idea to put some red RTV with it, many leak
with just the seal. The outside dia of seal will be the same only the inside with or without
wear sleeve changes. Installed dry, no lube on seal.

H621

The ID and OD were so close I couldn't tell where the slop was it would just spin. No side to side movement. It was leaking between housing and seal where the Teflon is not on the shaft. 3078221 is what I pulled out