• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MZ145 Swing play adjustment?

GBH

My MZ145 has some slop in the swing. The swing motor gear has some backlash with the turntable ring gear. It appears that the swing motor is on a plate that's tack welded in position and secured with bolts.

Is there a method to move the motor plate towards the turntable gear to remove some of the slop due to wear? Or is everything fixed and once it's worn, there is no way to adjust?

Thanks

GBH

The more I study it, I'm now leaning towards a lack of brake action or resistance in the swing motor which allows the play in the swing. I can move the boom back and forth 12" or so when standing on the ground. There is some over-swing when maneuvering the boom with the controls. Looking at the parts diagram, there is no reference to a "brake" in the swing assy or motor that I can see. I'll follow the hydraulic diagram to see if there is a brake valve or other hydraulic lock.

Can anyone share any insight?

thanks

Thanks