• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mystery part

2ndmoto

Hello All,

I appreciate you taking the 2 minutes. I have been working on a Case 580E project for longer than I care to mention. It has this part attached to the hoe hydraulic circuit. I have had no luck with online searches. Anyone know what it might be?

I am currently rebuilding hoe and stabilizer control valves because they were running pretty sluggish compared to the loader. I am not sure if I should pull this part out? Maybe it was part of the problem? There is a solenoid attached, but it is not wired

Thanks again

Best regards
-Jason

Attachments

• case mystery valve.jpg
    case mystery valve.jpg
    661.3 KB · Views: 52

56wrench

With that little lever(may be seized) on the side, it may be an adjustable flow divider for an auxiliary function

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
Defiantly a flow control. It is marked, in gallons per min of flow output. Set to 30. Most probably has a pressure relief in it. That would probably be the cap you see on the right side.

EF = Excess flow - To do work elsewhere in the system

CF = Controlled flow - Reduced flow output

T = Return to tank - For the relief

2ndmoto

Thank you. You all are awesome. Always appreciate when the community helps out.

It runs between the stabilizer valve, loader control valve and the filter.

Again I appreciate you all pointing me in the right direction. I'll try to figure this out.

Best regards
-Jason

terex herder

Since one bolt has a deere headstamp, prolly an aftermarket piece. Your description of where it is plumbed is confusing. By itself, I would think it is a flow control for a stick accessory such as a hammer.

Tinkerer

It certainly isn't anything that came from Case when the machine was new.
If it were mine I would remove it before a hose on it fails and a lot of oil is lost.
Not to mention the downtime it would cause.