• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My new trailer

hackalot

Picked up a Moritz 14k GN FBL20+5 to transport my equipment, Kubota M9540 tractor, Komatsu PC27-MR2 mini-ex, Kut Kwick Slope mower, and someday an ASV RC60. 1st trip was about 2800 miles picking up the KutKwick. Was real pleased with the handling of the trailer loaded and unloaded.

Attachments

• IMG_1928.jpg
    IMG_1928.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 2,161
  • IMG_1930.jpg
    IMG_1930.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 2,142
Last edited:

bigblueox

why not a tandem duals. if it suits your needs great! i just would have gotten the bigger axles.

joeeye59

Occupation
A Man with a Backhoe
Picked up a Moritz 14k GN FBL20+5 to transport my equipment, Kubota M9540 tractor, Komatsu PC27-MR2 mini-ex, Kut Kwick Slope mower, and someday an ASV RC60. 1st trip was about 2800 miles picking up the KutKwick. Was real pleased with the handling of the trailer loaded and unloaded.

Nice trailer.... Let me ask you, whats the heaviest you can carry?

I have a John Deere 310c Backhoe that weighs in most likely between 6 and 7 tons, and I read somewhere a trailer rated for 10,000 lbs would be the minimum needed to haul it... So I was wondering what the weight limits are for your 5th wheel truck and trailer set up is.

I need to look into that company on what they have, like if there is another trailer that's a step up in carry weight that a 5th wheel can still haul it, because I don't want to have the expense of one of them 9 yard heavy duty weighted dump truck & heavy weight trailer laying around to have just to haul my Backhoe, because having a 5th wheel pick-up and that kind of trailer lets me have a truck & trailer set up that has a lot more economical uses with a wider range of things I can use it for... thanks

JDMGrading

For whatever truck you may have I reccomend the B&W Turnover ball. Folds flat when not in use and is rated between 18,000 and 20,000lbs I believe.

I've never seen that brand trailer around here...where'd ya get it?

MAC-EX

Joeeye59, I see guys hauling backhoes and such around with F-350's etc. Its just my personal choice, but I dont like carrying that much weight with a pickup. It can be done, but I just dont like to do it. If your gonna do it, then a dually would be best. Perferably F450 or bigger or single axel dumpy. But I hear you. You have to maximize your dollar and get the most out of what you buy. And yes, those flip over balls are great. I have one for my trailer and its rated at 20,000.:my2c

Last edited:

hackalot

To stay legal I believe I have to limit load to 10k lbs. the heaviest thing I pull is my farm tractor w/loader & bushhog, about 9,000lbs. Have a small mini ex, 7,000 lbs.

I bought trailer in Indiana on my way to pick up a slope mower in Wi., they are manufactured in Ohio.

LB's in Union Grove sells their tilt trailers and horse trailers.

keito

Pulling Power

What exactly are you pulling the trailer with? I to am interested is getting a new trailer and truck for my dozer about 10k lbs GVW.