• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My New Toy. A Univent Pro-Saw.

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
Heres a few Pictures of my New Univent Chainsaw.

Attachments

• Picture 392.jpg
    Picture 392.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 2,270
  • Picture 393.jpg
    Picture 393.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 2,210
  • Picture 394.jpg
    Picture 394.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 2,259
  • Picture 395.jpg
    Picture 395.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 2,981
  • Picture 396.jpg
    Picture 396.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 2,191

youngoperator

Occupation
chainsaw faller/ heavy equipment operator
wow nice saw, thats kinda neat of the handle goes all the way around, would be nice for awkward positions

roddyo

Occupation
It's a 372

Looks a little like a Husqvarna.

It's a 372 with a few Mods. Husky does the mods at the factory to Univents Specs. It has about 20% more power than a regular 372.

Funny thing is I think a Dolmar 7900 is a better Saw. I wanted to put a Big Bore kit on one anyway so i'm going to get a used one and i'll have both.:D

That's a full wrap bar on the Saw. It comes with both a half and a full wrap bar.

KMB83

Occupation
farmer
swanky.

never heard of univent, but if they are upgraded husky's, i'm sold.

my husky sure has been good to me, was looking into trading off a echo 670 for a 372xp. hated that stupid plastic mesh gear echo used for a bar tensioner. good running saw otherwise...

this is worth looking into. does univent have a name for this other than a 372xp?

roddyo

Occupation
These are going Fast

swanky.

never heard of univent, but if they are upgraded husky's, i'm sold.

my husky sure has been good to me, was looking into trading off a echo 670 for a 372xp. hated that stupid plastic mesh gear echo used for a bar tensioner. good running saw otherwise...

this is worth looking into. does univent have a name for this other than a 372xp?

Heres the link to the Univent Saws.

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=FS+756ET&catID=566

If you want one you need to be getting on it FAST. They only had 15 or so last week when I got mine. And when they are gone their Gone. They are closeing these out because of the Online Husky Ban I think.

This saw also comes with BOTH the full and half wrap bar, you decide which one you like to run.

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
Good lookin saw. I'm a Stihl guy myself, hard to get away from 044's or 460's with 28" bars.

Kgmz

Occupation
General Contractor
Those saws are modified by Unifire and were originally made specifically for fire departments to cut ventilation holes in roofs, etc. That is why they have the name UniVent, and is also why a full wrap bar is offered.

From what I have heard they were asked and started offering a forestry saw to get around the Husky ban on online sales.

Gumby

What size chain have you got on it? Is it a 325 and a 9 tooth sprocket? That might make it cut like a Stihl :) Not a bad looking saw...needs some sawdust on it now! :)

Cheers,
Michelle

woodchuck2

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Thats a good looking saw. I have always liked Huskies and own a couple myself, Stihl's are also a great saw too. I used to run an old Johnsered that was a good saw, a hand-me-down from my father. It was heavy as hell, no chain brake but by far the most reliable saw i ever owned. It was stolen from me about 10yrs ago, if i ever find out who stole it i am going make them hurt badly.

Thats a good looking saw. I have always liked Huskies and own a couple myself, Stihl's are also a great saw too. I used to run an old Johnsered that was a good saw, a hand-me-down from my father. It was heavy as hell, no chain brake but by far the most reliable saw i ever owned. It was stolen from me about 10yrs ago, if i ever find out who stole it i am going make them hurt badly.

Years ago my father had some saws stolen from him at the local truck stop diner out of the back of the crummy he chased them down and shot their tires out needless to say it didnt end well for either of them.By the time all was said and done it probably would have been cheaper to go buy new saws.Times have also changed if you chased someone down shooting at them regardless of intentions you'll be spending more than a night in jail which only happend because high ranking city officials wrote letters saying he was a good guy and an asset to the community.