• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My New Sany Excavator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colorado Digger

Yesterday, 01:51 PM
cjplanthire

its alright spending your american dollars in america ,but japan was and still is the home of manufacturing now branching into china which is spreading world wide , and with all the money america had to borrow off china because of bush ,dont be surprised if the 50 stars are replaced with a chinese flag on all the manufacturing jobs in america, thats the way its going cat dont do quality ,there is no point in buying a name that wont dig a hole ,whereas the chinese and japenese do quality and affordability to points that always win.

dont knock it until youve tried it and theres no point going to war with china because you borrowed way too much money off them they will wipe you out in a day and take over america for themselves, cat wont do much against sany or luigong then, personally all cat ever done for me was put me to the wall

to cjplanthire- knock of the b.s.- keep you opinions to your self regarding the u.s and our foreign policies. i just deleted the long winded rant. please have some respect

regards,cd

Last edited by a moderator:

forestroad

its alright spending your american dollars in america ,but japan was and still is the home of manufacturing now branching into china which is spreading world wide , and with all the money america had to borrow off china because of bush ,dont be surprised if the 50 stars are replaced with a chinese flag on all the manufacturing jobs in america, thats the way its going cat dont do quality ,there is no point in buying a name that wont dig a hole ,whereas the chinese and japenese do quality and affordability to points that always win.

tayota jap
hyundai jap
isuzu jap
hino jap
hitachi jap
sumitomo jap
tackeuchai jap
daewoo jap
doosan jap
and many many more the best brands in the world

hitachi - deere jap
sumitomo - link belt - case jap

dont knock it until youve tried it and theres no point going to war with china because you borrowed way too much money off them they will wipe you out in a day and take over america for themselves, cat wont do much against sany or luigong then, personally all cat ever done for me was put me to the wall

Soooo......does this mean I will soon be able to purchase an excavator at Wal-mart????
New excavator should be priced low enough so when it fails that I can afford to purchase at least one replacement in the coming year, right???????
If not will there at least be some kind of limited one year manufacturers replacement policy? Would love to have a good excuse to back my 9 axle lowboy and 70,000lb excavator into local Wal-mart customer service dept:usa

Purchased 3 american brand named, chinese manufactured toasters last year, thank god they were cheap or I woulda had to quit eatin toast.

Bluetop Man

Occupation
farmer
Does anyone know or care to guess how much cheaper a comparable sized SANY excavator is up against a new 312 CAT?

joispoi

tayota jap
hyundai jap
isuzu jap
hino jap
hitachi jap
sumitomo jap
tackeuchai jap
daewoo jap
doosan jap
and many many more the best brands in the world

hitachi - deere jap
sumitomo - link belt - case jap

I don't mind that you've got your own opinion, but PLEASE.....get your facts straight before you go off on a rant. FYI- Bush left office over 3 years ago.

maddog

What makes you think Ford did not stop building cars, and tooled up to make war supplies to keep English as this country's primary language? I don't get out much but I have never seen for sale any 1942 or 43 or 44 or even a 1945 Ford passenger car. I did see a 1942 Cadillac for sale in an ad, if it existed it was one of very few. I have a picture of one Ford assembly plant making rubber tired armored vehicles with a gun turret. I can't find the picture right now. The Willow run plant made bombers. If you know of one plant that did not make war supplies I would like to know which one it is. Stamping plants don't count.
No offence intended but where did you get that idea.

You might find this interesting, no offence taken, I"m also not trying to offend you either just showing a bit of history. Seems like even in hard times money speaks loader then loyalty.

Ford established a close collaboration with Germany's Nazi government before the war—so close, in fact, that Henry Ford received, in July 1938, the Grand Cross of the German Eagle medal from the Nazi government. In the spring of 1939, the Nazi government assumed day to day control of Ford factories in Germany. However, Ford's Dearborn headquarters continued to maintain 52% ownership over the factories, since Germany did not seize ownership through nationalization. Ford factories contributed significantly to the buildup of Germany's armed forces

orville

Occupation
Millwright / weldor
You might find this interesting, no offence taken, I"m also not trying to offend you either just showing a bit of history. Seems like even in hard times money speaks loader then loyalty.

Ford established a close collaboration with Germany's Nazi government before the war—so close, in fact, that Henry Ford received, in July 1938, the Grand Cross of the German Eagle medal from the Nazi government. In the spring of 1939, the Nazi government assumed day to day control of Ford factories in Germany. However, Ford's Dearborn headquarters continued to maintain 52% ownership over the factories, since Germany did not seize ownership through nationalization. Ford factories contributed significantly to the buildup of Germany's armed forces

Ford and GM and maybe Chrysler had plants in Europe at the time of WW-2 and they made war supplies for Germany. Germany took them over. Ford and Hitler shared a dislike for a certain nationality of people , which sort of made them friends. Ford did not build a new plant to support Germany like he did West of Dearborn. Below is just a sampling of what is out there of Fords support of the US war effort. And you will find other material both good and bad. Depends on who wrote the article, facts are facts and we all have opinions. When I find it I will post a picture of what Fords, Twin Cities Assembly plant in Saint Paul, Minnesota produced in 1942

http://www.historynet.com/henry-ford-helped-lead-american-world-war-ii-production-efforts.htm

http://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/wwiibayarea/for.HTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJADd4yrI7o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYAEBIywGtg&feature=related

orville

Occupation
Millwright / weldor
OK so when does an item become American or Irish? Did Cat not buy Mitsubishi excavators and incorporate the newly acquired technology to the home built machines?, most of the Cat excavators here are Belgian built, Case and Linkbelt are tie ups with Summitomo so are they American or Japanese?
New Holland and Kobelco, JD and Hitachi..............are they true blue American or american assembled and not acceptable........Is an american built Toyota not just that American...............
Here at the moment things are tough with the economy in the pan most of the manufacturing jobs have migrated to the east, why because the customer wants it cheaper the manufacturer wants more profit.
just a rant........................

Last week end there were a jobs fair with recruiters from Canada and Australia the suspended the Que when it reached a km in length...............

I don't follow Caterpillar, I did not know how huge the company is, here are a few pieces of history off a google search. Looks like cat partnered with Mitsubishi in 1963.

1963. Caterpillar and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. form one of the first joint ventures in Japan to include partial U.S. ownership. Caterpillar Mitsubishi Ltd. started production in 1965, has been renamed Shin Caterpillar Mitsubishi Ltd., and is now the No. 2 maker of construction and mining equipment in Japan.

1961-1966 - Kobe, Japan
Nine Caterpillar machines are involved in the effort to push part of a mountain into the sea as part of the Kobe Bay Reclamation Project.
When contractors needed more machines for the project, Caterpillar machines won out over Komatsu machines after on-the-job competitive demonstrations.

March 26, 2008 No.1229

MHI, Caterpillar and Shin Caterpillar Mitsubishi
Agree on Changes in Shareholding Ratio of Japanese Joint Venture

Tokyo, March 26, 2008 - Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI), Caterpillar Inc. (Caterpillar) of Illinois, U.S.A., and Shin Caterpillar Mitsubishi Ltd. (SCM), the Japanese joint venture equally owned by MHI and Caterpillar, have agreed on changes in their shareholding ratio in the JV. The three companies’ respective aims have meshed in concluding the new agreement. MHI is currently promoting selection of focused business areas and concentrating its business resources into those areas; Caterpillar is seeking to strengthen its global business operations in the construction machinery business; and SCM is looking to strengthen its marketing in Asia based on its own strategy. Going forward, each company will promote expansion of its own business while maintaining strong business relationships with its partners.

Based on the agreement, MHI will transfer half of its shares in SCM (25% of SCM’s total outstanding shares) to SCM by the end of the third quarter of 2008. Following that transaction, Caterpillar will own 67% of SCM’s outstanding shares and MHI will hold the remaining 33%. The value of the deal is 50 billion yen. The agreement also includes an option enabling SCM to purchase the remaining shares owned by MHI after five years.

Although MHI’s shareholding stake in SCM will decrease as a result of the change in ownership structure, MHI intends on further enhancing its value by strategically focusing its management resources into its core competency businesses having high growth potential.

MHI and Caterpillar have been in a firm collaborative relationship in the manufacture and marketing of Mitsubishi and Caterpillar brand forklift trucks, and they will maintain that relationship even after the shareholding changes. Both parties also agreed that MHI will continue to supply Caterpillar and SCM with engines for construction machinery, including hydraulic excavators.

SCM was originally established as Caterpillar Mitsubishi Ltd., an equally owned joint venture between MHI and Caterpillar, in November 1963; with technological assistance from Caterpillar, it began as a producer and domestic vendor of track-type tractors and wheel loaders. In 1987, MHI’s hydraulic excavator business was transferred to the JV and it was renamed Shin Caterpillar Mitsubishi Ltd. In 2001, SCM further took the transfer of most of MHI’s construction machinery business, including small-size construction machinery, crawler carriers and articulated dump trucks.

With the shareholding ratio changes, SCM will now be released from business territory limitations. As a result, the JV is expected to become an ever more important business strategy base for Caterpillar in the Asian construction machinery market.

With the completion of the second phase of the share redemption plan, Caterpillar Japan Ltd. will become a 100 percent owned subsidiary of Caterpillar
TOKYO, Feb. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE: CAT) and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI) announced today that Caterpillar Japan Ltd. (CJL) and MHI have agreed to complete a second phase of a share redemption plan in the second quarter of 2012, resulting in Caterpillar becoming the sole owner of CJL. The estimated value of the second phase of the share redemption is 36.5 billion JPY.
Caterpillar and MHI established a 50-50 joint venture more than 45 years ago known as Caterpillar Mitsubishi. In 1987, the joint venture was expanded, and the company was renamed Shin Caterpillar Mitsubishi (SCM). In 2008, following completion of the first phase of the redemption plan, Caterpillar became the majority shareholder in SCM, and the business was renamed Caterpillar Japan Ltd.

maddog

Thanks for the links Orville, My father would have been close to 90 today if he were still alive. He was a proud vet, and loved the US. I allways new he hated ford never understood why, on his dying he bed he explained. I realize things were different yesteryear then in todays corporate world. As you write maybe it's a difference of opinion, but I still say a shady deal is a shady deal. Seems to me maybe Ford was just protecting the bank account.

Bluetop Man

Occupation
farmer
Keep Your Money in north america

That's where the big money in the world prefers to rest. Even to the extent of low yielding U.S. Treasury bonds
that produce a loss when corrected for inflation. WTF, you say? Political stability. You want to lose your money right now, stick it somewhere besides the Good 'Ole USA.

cjplanthire

Occupation
Plant contractor
to cjplanthire- knock of the b.s.- keep you opinions to your self regarding the u.s and our foreign policies. i just deleted the long winded rant. please have some respect

regards,cd

you knock off the ********, bush and the so called american bs dream is the reason the world is in recession ,greedy sobs spending borrowed money on crap they dont need because they think they deserve it. freedom of speech allows people to express their opinion and i wont be dictated to especially by a yank, remember paddy built america and he can take it doiwn as quick, the bs continues about the american history, more like american failure and the problem is ye have no history whats 200 years ,any other country can go back atleast 2000. blowins in yer own country.

china is keeping the yanks going with cash at the minute like it or not. bush invaded countries in the middle east to ROB their oil THEIR OIL because he felt like every other american that he deserved it in some far fetched way ,now china are in control as a result and will be for many thousands of years there are more of them than you by atleast 20 fold.

as for chinese manufactured machinery - excavators they are the up and coming thing ,the secret about cat (the so called american brand) is out, so go find out why the majority of your so called american brands are actually manufactured by chinese people in china.

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
This is fair warning to all involved. If discussions can't remain civil take them to another venue. If it keeps up here at HEF you will get a a vacation from our forum. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.