• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My new Kubota

SalmonShark

So I just got my new Kubota last week. I have only put maybe 7 hours on it so far. It's a KX71-3 and so far the machine is perfect for my needs. I have a 1/2 acre which I need to relandscape and I am also putting a 850sq/ft addition on my house; hence my purchase. I also have another 10 acres I am developing with my family.

I got a 24in digging bucket, a 36in cleancut bucket, the q/c and the thumb. Here are a few pics I have gotten so far - sorry for the quality.

Attachments

• kubota_kx71-s.jpg
    kubota_kx71-s.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,516
  • PIC00004.jpg
    PIC00004.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 1,482
  • PIC00008.jpg
    PIC00008.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 1,506

ASPHALT04

Occupation
Owner / Doing whatever it takes to pay the bills!
Did you consider any other brand? Just wondering because I'm weighing options myself.

Alan Mesmer

Occupation
Excavator
Congrats on your new Kubota! I don't think you will be disappointed with it. I have 2 Kubota machines currently(k008 and KX121-3) and I am very satisfied with their performance. Your KX71 looks like a good choice for mid sized mini x. I am also wondering did you demo any other mini's before you bought the Kubota?

Good Luck and have fun.
Alan

coopers

I see the engine side has been redesigned a little? It looks like it slopes steeper for the operator to see better to his/her right...

SalmonShark

Did you consider any other brand? Just wondering because I'm weighing options myself.

I looked, but didn't really like any others but Cat and perhaps John Deere. Between those three I think I got the most for my dollar with the Kubota.

I am a complete novice, and went with what looked to be best on paper. The Kubota had one of the stongest breakout forces at the bucket for the size, and the hydraulics were only matched my either JD or CAT. Both of which were more than the Kubota.

With everything I got, I was out the door under 40k. I think I did good.

ASPHALT04

Occupation
Owner / Doing whatever it takes to pay the bills!
I looked, but didn't really like any others but Cat and perhaps John Deere. Between those three I think I got the most for my dollar with the Kubota.

I am a complete novice, and went with what looked to be best on paper. The Kubota had one of the stongest breakout forces at the bucket for the size, and the hydraulics were only matched my either JD or CAT. Both of which were more than the Kubota.

With everything I got, I was out the door under 40k. I think I did good.

The reason I asked is because I am looking into leasing a 161 for the summer. I have rented one countless times before as well as a bobcats (which didn't impress me much).
To me the Kabota was twice the machine and I was just wondering what you had considered.

bjosephdavis

Nice Machine

I am impressed how easily your machine seems to have uprooted the trees/stumps in the pictures. I have a KX101 that I cannot get nearly that much power from. It makes me wonder if my hydraulics are off a little. anyhow, congrats on your new machine.

Best regards,

Joey

PS After my third reply (I am a new member) I'll be able to post a new thread regarding my malfunctioning hydraulics on the KX101.

SalmonShark

I am impressed how easily your machine seems to have uprooted the trees/stumps in the pictures. I have a KX101 that I cannot get nearly that much power from. It makes me wonder if my hydraulics are off a little. anyhow, congrats on your new machine.

Best regards,

Joey

PS After my third reply (I am a new member) I'll be able to post a new thread regarding my malfunctioning hydraulics on the KX101.

Perhaps it's not the hydraulics, but how the stumps are in the ground. I have a fairly high water table so I don't really have any tap roots that go straight down; they all go out to the sides for the most part. I also found that it also depends on how you try to remove them. I was taking the bucket, locating the roots around the stump, then sinking the bucket right behind the root, then curling the bucket up to break them. Once I broke three or four of the main roots, I was able to flip them over and pull them out, or just lift them out by using the bucket and thumb. Though it could also be that they didn't have the big nasty straight-down tap roots either.

just some ideas...