• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My new D7h

Mccahilldozing

Occupation
Sheriff's Sergeant
I just bought this D7h from a local CAT dealer. It spent most of its life pushing coal onto ships. It had a complete dealer rebuilt engine and steering. I'm just trying to get used to air conditioning and Diff steer. It's a big jump for me since I'm used to running D8k's. it needs some paint but otherwise it's a good machine. image.jpg

Multiracer

Occupation
Owner/ operator
Nice straight looking machine. It looks to be about late eighties vintage.
Good luck, it is one "pushing" machine !
Ron

DPete

Nice straight machine, the AC shouldn't be to hard to get used to, it's supposed to be 104 today. Not sure about a dozer without a ripper in this valley but if it suits your needs doze on

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
You can pm me if you would like was just wondering what you had to give for it? I posted mine last week that I have for sale....TIO

Mccahilldozing

Occupation
Sheriff's Sergeant
I love the diff steering. It pops trees out of the ground alot faster tham my old D8k. Only issue I ran into was that it has the original one piece grill which is flimsy and not built well. So this week my operator sent a limb through the grill. At least he didn't get it through to the radiator but he wiped out one of the hydraulic lines. Anyways CAT updated the grill to a two piece type that is about three times as heavy duty. I was able to find one at the local parts yard so I will be installing it this week.

Mccahilldozing

Occupation
Sheriff's Sergeant
image.jpg

Sorry the pic came out sideways! I can't figure out how to get it right side up!

Last edited:

Mccahilldozing

Occupation
Sheriff's Sergeant
Nice looking cat.
I'm just outside of fresno, where are you guys clearing trees?

I'm all over the place. The D7h is out by woodlake. The others are in south west Fresno. We move them at least three or four times a week to different fields

LT-x7

Occupation
Earth Moving Contractor
I'm all over the place. The D7h is out by woodlake. The others are in south west Fresno. We move them at least three or four times a week to different fields

Wow Congrats on keeping busy :thumbsup
Most people I know have a hard pushing enough dirt to keep the rust off the blade...... Moving 3-4 times a week is amazing