• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

my new case 580k

bob_00

IMG-20141122-00490.jpg

so here it is my frist backhoe a case 580k phase 1

so far so good it start, hydrolics works and engin run fine

the bad point now the electrical is a mess,alternator wont charge,it won t go foward reverse only,busted brake tubing, no gage working some glase busted and some plastic part melted

so i took the shuttle out for the foward problem any advice are welcome, this is new to me i want to buy a rebuilt kit with charge pump just in case

then for the brake tubing do you know the size of it ?? i am horrible at sizing thing

and for the alternator it don t look like the one case show on the part diagram mine have a small 2 pin on the side any one know the converstion or a remplacement #

the ex onwer mister atf put atf in the shutle and in the hydrolic is it good ? witch fluid i should use ? case sticker say to use 10 30 as hydro fluid but i am relly not sure and dealer say to use only case fluid in evrything

thanks bob

bob_00

thanks DualsportWA i figure out the alternator is something that don t belong ther it was fitted by the ex onwer the casing is broken and it won t charge so one more thing on the list the rebuild kit for the shuttle its on its way here is the reason why she won t go foward20141124_203720.jpg

bob_00

Thanks hooedondiesel It should be a bosh 0120488293 but a 200$ price tag is probably why he put somthing else on it that look like a cs 121 gm like you said

jackleg

Occupation
Auxiliary Equipment Operator
"then for the brake tubing do you know the size of it ?? i am horrible at sizing thing "

An easy way to figure the size of steel brake line is to find a good clean portion of the existing line and see what size open end wrench fits tight over the line

. Probably 1/4" or 3/16"

global2957

welcome to case. my alternator was replaced and it does not charge so what I do until I can get a new one take a 12 volt test light connect it to the battery positive terminal and while the engine is running touch the field terminal with the probe end of the tester. you will excite the alt field and it should charge, you have to do this every time you start the machine. to fix this you need to run a new wire from the field terminal to the idiot light in your dash that says alternator.

bob_00

thanks jackleg good idea, and thanks global2957 i wil try that specialy because the electrical is a reel mess

hookedondiesel

Thanks hooedondiesel It should be a bosh 0120488293 but a 200$ price tag is probably why he put somthing else on it that look like a cs 121 gm like you said

I'm not too sure on it being a cs121, these have more than two wire connections.
If yours has two, looking at the back of it....the one on the "left" ( #1) is the field wire connection, this would go to your dash "alt" light, this is what excites the alt to wake up and start charging, you could as stated, give it a little "tap" with a wire from the battery to do this also if your alt dash light is unavailable.
The other pin to the right is the "sense" wire, (#2) it monitors the battery voltage, this wire can be connected directly to the "Battery terminal" nut on the back of the alt.
So if you want to see if your alt is charging, use a multimeter and test the voltage before starting, you should have about 12.5 volts,...
then after you have connected the wires like I said above, start the machine and with a wire from the positive batter terminal, tap the other end "briefly" on the number one pin , (behind the alt), you should now see 14 volts or so on your meter.

hookedondiesel

The red wire is connected correctly.
The white wire, I can't really tell by the picture but it seems to go to something??
What is that square connector?
I see you have another "bare" wire....there,

It looks like that black square connector is the old connector for the original alt?
If thats the case, the white wire is not connected to anything, and it has to be,
or you will not get a charge!
The white wire should be connected to "one" of those "yellow" wires, but I don't know which one, one of them goes to your dash "alt" light and thats the one it needs to be connected to.
Do you have a multi meter?

bob_00

case say the yellow red go to tachometer and the other yellow go to alt light witch is not responding due to the electrical problem so if i am taping the black connector to batt + it should start charging ?

hookedondiesel

I don't understand where you are talking about the "black" connector???
If you are talking abouit the white wire from the alt,,
if you DO not connect it to the alt light, then you can just "touch it" briefly to the battery, do not leave it connected to the battery, just give it a little 'touch" this should 'excite' the alt and it should start charging, you'll have to do this everytime the machine is running.
NOTE, the machine has to be running when you tap that white wire.
You never answered if you have or know how to use a multimeter.

bob_00

wite wire go to a black connector then to the yellow wire i try to touch it briefly but no diffrance still 11.9 same as the battries and yes befor buying an electrical nightmere like this i have a multimeter and know how to bascliy use it

and another question is it normal that i can t do 2 full fonction at the time with the backhoe with half trothlle i am practicing with it and i can t do stick in and boom up at the same time the only way to do it is if a do it very gentle on the stick in then i can do boom up