• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My models AKA Crab Mass Excavating

D11RCD

COPPA Member
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Since I have a few models, I thought I may share some pics.
All the pics are of my road job which we needed to cut a road into the ground with with a scraper and dig a small drain. Unfortunately, we had to compact the fill area.:beatsme

Attachments

• Cat 657 and friends.jpg
    Cat 657 and friends.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,026
  • P1010010.jpg
    P1010010.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,033

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Bellboy's right...it's only a matter of time till it becomes an addiction. :rolleyes: Is that the 657G?

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
those are nice now you need another 657 or 2:D it will become an addiction soon enough:D

D11RCD

COPPA Member
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
those are nice now you need another 657 or 2:D it will become an addiction soon enough:D

I do need another 657, I just cannot afford one now:Banghead
At Christmas I will be receiving a 5110B, 24H and a D11RCD.
They were bought and hidden some months ago...

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
I suggest that you get a lowboy, because once the machines start to pile up, you will need a mode of transporting them. I suggest MAN and Nooteboom from Corgi.

D11RCD

COPPA Member
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
I do have a plastic flatbed but I would like to get the Kenworth W900 and lowboy from Norscot!
Where do you get the Corgi lowboys, I would love one of them!

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
I technically didn't get, it, it came to me. My dad was in Holland for a few weeks on business, and found a little model shop in one of the towns there. He walked in and saw it on display, and decided, that it was a good one for mine and my brother's collection. The truck on it is a MAN 6x2, with low cab, and a Nooteboom hydraulic lowboy. On it was a JCB 3CX sitemaster BHL from Motorart. And next on the list, I would suggest a Motorart Volvo G940 grader. I'll post pics of my lowbed

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Lowbed pics, MAN, Nooteboom and JCB, and others.

Attachments

• JCB Corgi 2.JPG
    JCB Corgi 2.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 831
  • lowboy 1.JPG
    lowboy 1.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 812
  • JCB 1.JPG
    JCB 1.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 821
  • lowboy 4.JPG
    lowboy 4.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 809
  • lowboy 2.JPG
    lowboy 2.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 815

D11RCD

COPPA Member
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Nice lowboy!
Is the Motorart Volvo G940 more detailed than the Norscot 24H?
Just wondering...

Last edited:

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Well, I don't have a 24H, but from what I can tell, motorart is way more detailed than Norscot, although the newer models like the 14M are really starting to look good. I found one the other day while I was visiting my grandparents up country, and I thought about getting it, but it looked too chunky, and it was a bit expensive. My Volvo grader has a lot of cab detail, but I think the whole blade set up is the most detailed part. It is however, very delicate. The G940, very nice. The Norscot 'equivalent', the 140H, is not as detailed. It looks too much like the 1:87 version.

D11RCD

COPPA Member
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
OK, thanks.
(sorry for the late reply- I have been busy)

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
Models

Bellboy,

I agree with your statement: "but from what I can tell, motorart is way more detailed than Norscot"
Compared to First Gear, Spec Cast, Universal Hobbies and MotorArt, Norscot models are not as well detailed.
They're kinda on the right track with their 1:16th stuff but even those don't have proper gages in them - just black circles.
In that scale it is really noticeable.
With a little bit of extra care (and a working ejector) the Norscot 657G could have been a really great model.
I'm still working on mine to add all the bits Norscot left off ! :Banghead

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Its true. How can you operate a TLB's loader if there is no joystick/ wobble stick detail in the cab to go with?

D11RCD

COPPA Member
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Its true. How can you operate a TLB's loader if there is no joystick/ wobble stick detail in the cab to go with?
I fully agree.
Just found out that a W900 + lowboy will arrive at Christmas.
More pics?

shank exposer

Occupation
hoe operator
Can any of you folks direct me to where i may purchase an 850 size model excavator, preferably 1/50 scale?