1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

my little ro-to tiller!!

Discussion in 'Other Earthmoving Equipment' started by bigblueox, Jun 25, 2008.

1. bigblueox

bigblueox Senior Member

so i finally decided to put my tomatoe plants in so i thought it was time to break out the big guns! No seriously anybody ever seen one of these before? Pretty amazing machine. It's a pretty decent size earth works project that is finishing up. This place was a swamp that i used to go 4 wheeling in, now it's all black top and commercial buildings and just a little dirt left. I'm guessing they are dumping lime? Maybe... anybody got any thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. bigblueox

bigblueox Senior Member

some more equipment

here are some more pieces on the same job including a sweet a35 volvo water truck!

Attached Files:

3. bigblueox

bigblueox Senior Member

a few more

Some more equipment from the same job. Everything was frosted with the soil additive they were using. Sorry the sun was out and it was very bright! Any idea with what they are dumping on the ground?

Attached Files:

4. NHDealer

NHDealer Active Member

5. Deere9670

Deere9670 Senior Member

Farm equipment operator
    Im going to take a guess at the older john deere tractor and say a 4555? Looks older then a 60 series cuz the stack comes through the hood!

6. fireman050

fireman050 Senior Member

construction & volunteer firefighter
    that machine was on the discovery channel awhile back

7. stretch

stretch Senior Member

gopher
    Yeah, I think I saw a machine like that on TV when they were tearing down the old Denver airport. Pretty sweet machine. Who's the contractor?

8. bear

bear Senior Member

Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
    What is that big whacked out looking beast? some kind of rock grinder i guess. But why?

9. surfer-joe

surfer-joe Senior Member

Could be lime, but more likely it's cement for soil stabilization. Good stuff to use in loose sandy soils. Blend it in with the pug mill whilst adding water, blade it to grade, then compact the stuffings out of it and let er set.

10. Pushblock

Pushblock Member

I own a stone masonry business and also do some li
    I agree with Surfer-Joe, its cement for sandy soil, and if it were clay, quicklime is sometimes used. In the photos, the soil appears to be sandy. BTW-Vermeer makes a similar machine.

11. JJK

JJK Well-Known Member

I hate when contractors get ahold of wet lands. Here in NJ they've gotten pretty strick, but back in the early 90s right down the stree from me was a swampy area about 200 acres. All cut down to put in houses.......many suspect someone in the town was paid off to look the other way.

12. oakland

oakland COPPA

high school
    All it is a hard rock trencher, with 2 drums attatched to the side of it. the conveyor in the middle goes around and controls the drum at the end.:)

13. Eric

Eric Senior Member

Looks to me like something James Bond would throw a bad guy into!!:p

14. bear

bear Senior Member

Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
    or an annoying mother-in-law... :cool2

15. NHDealer

NHDealer Active Member

J.H. Becker company is the contractor. And it's lime. ;)