• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My first track loader!

boone

We got her buttoned up and broke in the new oil by burying a small pile of charred stumps and debris. I dug this hole like a dozer would and went twice as fast as my previous methods of taking a scoop out at a time. I ended up digging a hole almost twice as big as I needed too.

Before:

frontpilebefore.jpg

After:

frontpileafter.jpg

Other side before:

backpilebefore.jpg

After:

backpileafter.jpg

The tractor and box blade should fix this up!

combed.jpg

boone

That's a sweet looking 973 there Wolf. Looks like it's still earning it's keep on a job site too.

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
Nice Job restoring your machine. Thanks for taking your time putting up the information.

boone

Early morning in the country on Veteran's Day weekend :usa

barnfront.jpg

Humid haze - it's gonna be a hot one :yup

DSC04824-640.jpg

It was bushhog weekend at the farm. The 9540 clocked ~32 hours in 3 days bushhogging this weekend with the 8' cutter. I think this is the first weekend my brother didn't get a flat on his tractor. The spring has been somewhat dry so the pastures weren't as bad as they have been this time of year.

DSC04825-640.jpg

I did a few odd jobs while my brother cut - mowed the yard, painted the entrance way we built last year and some inspect spraying around the house. Second day, I got the ole girl out of her resting spot. Time to go push and bury some debris.

barnfront2.jpg

boone

Dug 4 holes for rock and stumps. This was the biggest. It's amazing that with all the big surface rock in this area I didn't find any rock in the holes. This has been some of the best digging dirt.

DSC04829-640.jpg

DSC04828-640.jpg

DSC04826-640.jpg

Little stream of water started to rush into the hole towards the end. I haven't covered this hole yet as there's room for a few more rock in it.

DSC04832-640.jpg

DSC04833-640.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Good work Boone.:thumbsup

Looks like the new technique is working out for you. I am currently working on a horse farm and have a few holes to dig tomorrow to bury some stumps and debris they have piled around.;)

boone

It has been working much better CM. Lot's more efficient with less wear and tear on the machine! It was going so well, I started to dig myself a pool...did I mention it was hot? :D

Happy digging at the horse farm. I assume you'll be using the '53? Take your camera!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I assume you'll be using the '53? Take your camera!

Of course.;)

Digging the first one. I need a new wiper blade, yeah I know.:rolleyes:
Jemison bury pit 1.jpg

Digging the second one. There was a lot of fence wire mixed in the 3 piles which made it aggravating. The wire kept getting caught on my fork hooks.:Banghead
Jemison bury pit 2.jpg

How 'bout digging one for a pit still on fire...:cool:
Jemison bury pit burn pile.jpg

boone

Nice! Cool shots CM. Looks like you have good visibility...streak and all! :laugh

I've had a bit of fence wire in some of the piles I've buried but thankfully nothing that gave me fits. The worst problems I have are the big rock that land in the hole in the worst possible way, straight up or where it's difficult to reposition them. :rolleyes: We have about 10 more timber piles to burn and I'm sure we'll need to bury the remnants. I'll have plenty of practice with these holes by the time we're done.

didjit

This thread is simply amazing. You've done some amazing work here Boone and it's given me a lot to think about. I got a track loader recently too to clean up some land that I want to farm. It got logged about 8 years ago, before I bought it, so I have mountains of slash and stumps - enough to get one a bit discouraged ;) Not only is there a ton of great info here, but everytime I read this thread I get the feeling it's all gonna be possible.

boone

Hope all goes well with your clean-up project didjit. Sounds like your knee deep in getting your TL tilt cylinders rebuilt. I think you'll be pleased with all the work you'll be able to get done with the loader. Keep us posted on your progress!

boone

Clearing around and covering in an old pond.

shade-640.jpg

This old pond hasn't held water or been close to wet in the last 20 years. The spillway must have washed out or the water was diverted elsewhere. We're filling in the banks and trying to level it as much as possible. Now that the trees are gone, just a bunch of dirt to move. We started cutting down the pond banks a few weeks ago.

dirt-640.jpg

cutting-640.jpg

bankdepth-640.jpg

The rain came and we'll have to finish this another day.

jughead

Occupation
retired
this old man wouldnt know how to act in that good dirt. everything and i mean everything i have ever worked "played in" has been ancient dried up creek bed and plenty of rock. with the occasional outcropping of bluff

OldandWorn

Thanks for the nice pics boone. Is the tree behind your machine in the first pic part of the pond area?

Yeah jughead, I drool over the soil he has there.

boone

this old man wouldnt know how to act in that good dirt. everything and i mean everything i have ever worked "played in" has been ancient dried up creek bed and plenty of rock. with the occasional outcropping of bluff

Haha, yeah we've been fortunate. We've been "playing" off and on with this pond. When we get tired of pushing rock we go push some dirt in the pond.