• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My dream build service truck

RyanL

Occupation
owner of Leasure's AG Repair,LLC
image.jpgimage.jpg. Thanks guys for nice comments sorry for my grammar, typing aint my thing. Ill try to just let the pics do the talking. Here is couple pics of the unit that will be handling the welding/air arcing, and generatoring duties. 2001 Sae 400 68hp perkins diesel showing 911hrs. Orginally left that open behind cab to mount it, but thinking im goin do little more of a custom mount intergrated into the bed. The add more boxes in that space never enough boxes.

RyanL

Occupation
223.jpg223.jpg226.jpg230.jpg242.jpg Some more pics of cutting old junk out. The boxes above tires were rotted out, so built new and went ahead and remade fender wells. I don't think they turned out to bad?? I also replaced one side of crane box with 1/2" plate.

Last edited:

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
You are very patient and your work is grade A. I assume you will disassemble the crane to clean and inspect it from the inside out? I would live to see pics of this. Whatever you do I will be watching....TIO

Dualie

Thats a TON of tire clearance, i think you could have lowered that fender and gained some more storage.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Very nice, keep up the good work! Can't wait to see the finished product.

RyanL

Occupation
Thats a TON of tire clearance, i think you could have lowered that fender and gained some more storage.
Yeah, lot of clearance but i wanted it to look poportioned to the front. This truck will also be spending most of its life in coal mines and or stone quarries. So i like the extra room to get in there to keep it washed out. Also i plan on running my hydraulic lines along the bed frame there. So i was thinking extra room be nice to change a hose when it blows on a rainy day with mud a** hole deep to a tall indian. Lol seems like things never break on dry ground in good conditions. All this just my opinion from experience working in open pit coal last 9 yrs.

RyanL

Occupation
You are very patient and your work is grade A. I assume you will disassemble the crane to clean and inspect it from the inside out? I would live to see pics of this. Whatever you do I will be watching....TIO
As for patient?, maybe i am little more now than i was when i was younger, not that i am even that old. But i just wanted to try to do it once and do it right. I dont know if it will tear crane down or not. I took it off to be able to pick the bed up and move it when i was switching trucks. I plan on rebuild the valve on the crane and rewireing it for a aftermarket wireless remote with start/stop, idle control, and air compressor on/off. The crane is actually smaller than i would like to have i wanted 14,000lb. But the money for one is outa my budget and hard to find used.

lantraxco

It is after all an all wheel drive vehicle, and if you ever have the need of snow chains... (Hey, climate change you know!) :rolleyes:

RyanL

Occupation
126.jpg494.jpg496.jpg here is a IMT 8025 knuckleboom I bought cheap, just so I could cut outriggers off and use them. I am crazy I know but I think I prefer a straight boom crane over knuckle? either way it was cheaper to buy it and salvage outriggers rather than buy new cylinders with safety valve built in, then buy steel to build outriggers.

RyanL

Occupation
562.jpg564.jpg566.jpg here they are mounted. 16" from ground to bottom of pad. which is same as from ground to bottom of rear axle. it was kind of a happy medium of up high enough for clearance on rough ground verse enough stroke to level truck

lantraxco

I would have mounted the knuckle boom behind the cab, and the straight boom on the rear corner, but I'm funny that way!

:rolleyes:

RyanL

Occupation
I would have mounted the knuckle boom behind the cab, and the straight boom on the rear corner, but I'm funny that way!

:rolleyes:
that crossedmy mind alot but the knuckleboom needed steel lines that are welded to cylinders alot of them was mashed. Then i dont like that manual controls for it i would have wanted wireless which would be more money to switch valveing. Then i got to thinking bout the extra close to 4000lbs of weight the knuckleboom would add. Then i got to thinking bout not having room for that big welder without killing bed space to haul d9l finals/steering clutches or transmissions. Ugh choices trust me it made me do alot if thinking. Lol

RyanL

Occupation
Here couple pics of the hitch bumper. There million ways a guy could build this. Here is the way i choose whether its right or wrong? To weak to strong? Lol i guess we will find out. Its long ways from finished but you can see where its going. It will have doors on side to allow long bar storage, log chains,other junk. I will add more support to the top before i skin it with 3/16 deck plate. The light arrangment aint final, just ideas. The receiver tubes are for a vise. I will have tube on other side to allow side switching or removal for working with sheets of steel for fabrication jobs.

Last edited: