• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My D8K 77V

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Just wanted to try posting pics , so I thought what better pics to post then a 77V, I hope this works , first try

Attachments

• D8K.jpg
    D8K.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,517
  • d8K1.jpg
    d8K1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,660

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
its in awesome shape , only problem is we had a "dozer expert" running it , he knew nothing about how to run it , needless to say the transmission is getting a little sloppy when shifting from forward to reverse

I have plenty more pics of it if anyone is interested

Gavin84w

A pleasure to see one that looks like it has never had an add on put to it since delivery, very rare. Bet it runs as good as it looks. New coat of paint and a genuine decal set and it would be ready like it came from the factory.

Post plenty more when you can.

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
No problem

Attachments

• d8k2.jpg
    d8k2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,490
  • d8k3.jpg
    d8k3.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,441
  • d8k4.jpg
    d8k4.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,437
  • d8k5.jpg
    d8k5.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,420

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
One more ,
It pushes hard ,all day rips just as good , normally with one or two shanks , you can put it in a hard push and it never seems to want to stop , it will loose traction way before it looses power

Man I am glad i figured out how to post pics

Attachments

• d8k6.jpg
    d8k6.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,430

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
One of the funnest dozers I've operated was the 8K, IMHO. They have an engine sound that's like "go ahead...try and get in my way!" :D

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Thanks guys ,
Yeah that D342 sings a great song :usa
Still have some more

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
Cat D9H very nice looking machine. How wide is the blade, and do you know what it weights? Keep the posts coming, how long have you had it?

DPete

Great tractors, I had 2 for a time 18843 and 17604. What are the brackets welded on the back of the ripper for? Looks like you're doing a nice job

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Thanks for the compliments
Bill its been quite a while since we've hauled it any where,but I would guess that it weights around 84K and I think the blade is 13 feet, maybe 14 we've had it for about 10 years

DPete I have no idea what those brackets are for it was like that when we got it all they are good for in my eyes are for hurting your shoulder when your greasing it

we are working on 40 acres with that D8K, 963 140G and a useless 650G just cuttin roads and knockin down trees , I cant take all te credit ,these next pics is of another operator friend of mine tryin it out

Attachments

• d8k7.jpg
    d8k7.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,510
  • d8k8.jpg
    d8k8.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,384
  • d8k9.jpg
    d8k9.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,397
  • d8k10.jpg
    d8k10.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,399
  • d8k11.jpg
    d8k11.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,375
Last edited:

D4's D5

Occupation
Instrument/Electrical Technician
Were those pictures taken in the Ruidoso area? I used to live in Lovington, No hills at all there, just flat. Flew over to ruidoso a time or two. It is sure different here in Arkansas.

Great looking Dozer, many times I've said I wanted one that size.

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Yep its in Ruidoso ,tons of hills and mountains here but I hope to change that :drinkup

Last edited:

D4's D5

Occupation
Instrument/Electrical Technician
It looks like you are doing a great job of smoothing out the hills.

Ever see and Gandy Corp. Trucks in your area?

Last edited:

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Sweet looking old 8K. I spent a year on one identical to the one youre running a few years ago, feeding a loader at a rock pit, leveling stockpiles, stripping new pits, what ever needed done. What an awesome machne! Would run circles around the 8N we had! I put 2600 hours on that old Cat (that showed 34500 on the meter) and NEVER had a break down. My only complain was the fresh air cab come winter time!

cat 385

the co.i use to work for bought a old 8k my first thoughts were oh great some ol wore out machine with a new paint job,but i was wrong, Lot's of power and smooth on the controls.

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
It looks like you are doing a great job of smoothing out the hills.

Ever see and Gandy Corp. Trucks in your area?

That's good iron :drinkup ,back in Cat's legend forming years.

Yeah I think I have seen some of their trucks from time to time

Cat sure did make some good looking and performing iron back then, just rugged , tough hard working machines
If it were up to me , the only Cat machines I would have would be from that era ,not that the new ones arent any good , just like the old ones better ,

Only problem I have had with this K is the open cab , and when we first started working it in this area , there had been a forrest fire 2 years earlier so the radiator was getting clogged up , had to pressure wash it out every morning , small price to pay

Last edited: