• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My D6D

.RC.

Here is an unusual one.

They are D7 ripper tynes mounted on opposite sides of the blade of each machine. They were pretty effective. I only saw one tree pull them up in the forest country. Also be good for pulling trees away from fence lines.

Downside was they were also good at collecting vines in the thick scrub they were pulling, back in the day.

20240423_212714.jpg

Queenslander

This is one of the most unique setups I have seen.
It was posted here some years ago by a bloke from WA and could be raised and lowered with the ram on the rear.
Might be the go for your 6way blade, Pony.:)
IMG_4375.jpeg
IMG_4374.jpeg

.RC.

Some general land clearing dating back a fair while ago now.

Eagle eyes might notice the 6C in the last three pictures, well if you look hard in the bogged photo, the blade lift rams are attached lower to the blade then they usually are. The contractor had another set of balls attached lower as the 6C/D did not lift the bull tilt blade very high compared to other models.

img005.jpg img007.jpg img008.jpg img006.jpg

Last edited:

Glum

Not sure yet how I am going to get the old one off the taper, I do not have a puller anywhere near big enough. I will have to make something.

Use your C spanner and pipe to pull the big nut anti clockwise as far as you can, find a helper with a good eye and you each beat the tabs on the holder simultaneously with your biggest hammers (don't damage the holder or each other's kneecaps), repeat till it pops. Leave the outer nut on with some clearance to stop the holder going flying.

.RC.

Finding a helper is my problem Glum. Making a puller should not be too hard, but I might first tighten the big nut and try a hammer. It may just pop off.

I did a bit of trespassing today and snapped this photo, The main 6" beam is 1500mm long, it looks about a good length.

20240426_085502.jpg

.RC.

I got caught up with the tongue a bit today, but found some time to try to install the replacement outer support.

With glum's idea of tightening the adjustment nut, and then hit the holder with a hammer, I did that a few times, hitting the locking lug and it popped loose after a bit of effort.

I measured the small end of the two tapers and the new one is slightly smaller, maybe a quarter of a mm or a bit more.

Also a complete surprise is the effectiveness of those shields that protect the duo cone seal. It was spotless in there, which amazed me.

With this new part I also had to hit the inner bearing holder into the support with the soft hammer. It was just a good fit, the other aftermarket part it would slide in with a tad of sideways movement when in position.

Putting it back on I have probably gained 3-4mm sideways stickout witht he new part. I have some more shims here at home, so will go back tomorrow and install them and finish the job. I think I will get enough to stop the rubbing on the sprocket.

Photo of the old part, and then the new part installed.
20240427_151006.jpg

20240427_155605(0).jpg