• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My 953C trackloader with quick attach dozer blade

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
I have purchased a 10' Balderson dozer blade to use with my trackloader. I am planning to use it as a finish dozer along with having the bucket & forks for other uses, and only have 1- machine.2011-12-11_16-48-58_120.jpg2011-12-11_16-49-22_721.jpg2011-12-11_16-50-53_81.jpg

JBGASH

Occupation
Very nice! Is that cylinder on top of the blade for tilting it?
Yes, the cylinder is for tilt. I have to figure out what hydraulic circuit to connect into yet however. I am unsure if the quick attach hydraulic unit will run it . any ideas? Thanks

eamon

Hi jbgash,

does the quick hitch ram work by the 4 in 1 lever in the cab? if so then it's easy, you need to undo the hydraulic line near to the hitch(you may need to get new hoses so you can mount somewhere for easy access, but out of the way). order 2no. "L" port 3 way diverter valves, check size but possible 3/4 bsp. connect the hitch to one port and a quick release coupling to the other port.

To work lever normally open to hitch, then hook up, get out of cab to plug in pipes, switch over valve to blade tilt, then get some work done. many machines have this set up and because you cannot release the hitch while pipes still connected it's safe.

hope this helps, will get a photo from yard when i can.

JBGASH

Occupation
Thanks Eamon, but I do not have the 4 in 1 bucket type, it is just the standard one. Do you think the valve port would still be there somewhere that I could find? Thanks again for any help of info you could give me.
Hi jbgash,

does the quick hitch ram work by the 4 in 1 lever in the cab? if so then it's easy, you need to undo the hydraulic line near to the hitch(you may need to get new hoses so you can mount somewhere for easy access, but out of the way). order 2no. "L" port 3 way diverter valves, check size but possible 3/4 bsp. connect the hitch to one port and a quick release coupling to the other port.

To work lever normally open to hitch, then hook up, get out of cab to plug in pipes, switch over valve to blade tilt, then get some work done. many machines have this set up and because you cannot release the hitch while pipes still connected it's safe.

hope this helps, will get a photo from yard when i can.

eamon

So how does your hitch work?
manual, Hydraulic- constant pressure or 2 way valve, lever in cab or switch.

JBGASH

Occupation
The hitch has an add on hydraulic unit mounted at the side of the engine compartment. It has a 12 volt starter motor connected to a small hydraulic pump system that has 2- 3/8" hydraulic hoses that route to the cylinder on the hitch. It has appox. 2- gallon oil tank. The electric control is mounted in the cab. Do you think it would have enough capacity to operate the blade tilt?
So how does your hitch work?
manual, Hydraulic- constant pressure or 2 way valve, lever in cab or switch.

eamon

i would guess it would be ok, we use this type of pumps on our lowloaders and pickup tippers. The only way to see if enough capacity is to try it, but its the volume difference in the ram cylinder, not the total of ram oil needed.
i Just don't know how well the pump will fair to all the use, but they are good. I would just be aware of not overusing the electric pump. Remember limited tilt is better than no tilt.

The other way may be to use an electric solenoid on your bucket ram, but because of size and flow they are more expensive, but it could be cheaper than replacing your pump if it did burn out.??/??

3rd option, what about finding a breaker for the 4 in 1 service valve block and pipes. Although may be like hen's teeth.

I would love to put on a hitch on my 943, but then you need more attachments. Why are these useful tools so under used?

Let us know how you go on.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
So it tilts but no angle feature, and your thinking of finishing with it... I do admire the quick hitch on the trackloader thought thats pretty cool.

JBGASH

Occupation
You are correct it would be best if it had the angle feature. I have a row crop farming operation and have terraces and waterways to maintain so far what little time we have used it, it is going to be very handy and seems to work well. I will letyou know how it works when we do some finish dozer work with it.
So it tilts but no angle feature, and your thinking of finishing with it... I do admire the quick hitch on the trackloader thought thats pretty cool.

eamon

hi jbgash,
i would worry too much about angling as it will push the blade out further, and i think that is the only down side to putting on a blade on a track loader.
Have you used the blade yet? Even in the fixed position, Any Photos?

JBGASH

Occupation
Eamon,
I have only got to use the blade on some light cleanup work, but as soon as it dries out I have several projects to do. I will post photos when I can. It worked excellent so far.
hi jbgash,
i would worry too much about angling as it will push the blade out further, and i think that is the only down side to putting on a blade on a track loader.
Have you used the blade yet? Even in the fixed position, Any Photos?

eamon

Hi JGBASH,
sorry i've just reread your earlier post, you would have to purchase the "L" shaped port valves, approx £50 each, to put in quick release pipes. i'll get a photo to you but i've never uploaded one so, bear with me.

pushcat

So, what's the purpose of putting a dozer blade on a loader? Seems like quite a waste of effort to me. You can do anything a dozer can do with a bucket, usually better.

JBGASH

Occupation

:usa
So, what's the purpose of putting a dozer blade on a loader? Seems like quite a waste of effort to me. You can My reason is mainly to build and maintain farm terraces. I do not agree with you on the bucket being the same as a blade for that job. Here why: when the time comes to rebuild an existing terrace, this consists of making a 6-8" cut out of the pan and putting it back in the berm. It is much easier and quicker to do this with a blade. Yes, a bucket can do it also but not nearly as effiencent. There are other jobs that a blade is a better choice than a bucket also. But the availablity for me to choice either for a particular job is working out quite well. do anything a dozer can do with a bucket, usually better.

JBGASH

Occupation
My reason is mainly is to build and maintain farm drainage terraces. I find that when rebuilding an existing terrace that consists of taking a 6-8" cut out of the pan and putting it in the berm it is much easier and way more effiecent to do this with a blade. Yes a bucket can do it but not nearly as fast or neat. There are other jobs that a blade is best for also. I wanted the availabilty of either or but do not have enough work to justify buying a dozer, the track loader is used on a regular basis. I also wanted a finish dozer so this will also serve that purpose when needed.

pushcat

Well, if that works for you, that's great. I usually build 15-20,000 feet of terraces every fall, most all of it with a bucket equipped 953. When the frost gets too deep they send out the 963 with the ripper. I had the rare treat of a D6 helping this week to get a job wrapped up before Christmas. He went ahead, stripped topsoil, and hogged the bulk of the dirt in, and I came behind, rough shaped the clay, and finished it by spreading topsoil up the slopes. Thats where the bucket teeth shine, leaves a nice, uniform, scuffed up surface to frostseed the bromegrass right onto.

eamon

Pushcat and JBGASH,

Pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, they tell a thousand words,

Let battle conmence!

JBGASH

Occupation
Pushcat no harm meant by me. I have been able to use the blade now for a couple of days and am very pleased with it so far. But I also see your point that you prefer the track loader. Today we started early and the frost is going to be a problem if it gets colder so we may have to put the bucket back on to finish the job. Eamon I still am unsure of how to get that tilt cyclinder set up and connected into the hydraulic system of the 953C but it will sure be handy when I do. If anyone could tell me how the best way to do it would be great. I have several pictures of the machine working and will post them soon. Thanks