• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My 2009 Farm Pics.

td25c

I sure enjoyed the video xrdave!Good presentation,felt like I was there.That was a big ant hill.Tell me about the Ford tractor.Looks like a late 1970's 9700 or could be TW 20 maybe?Interesting wheel rake you were pulling with the ford.

xrdave

Occupation
Extruder Operater (blowen film plastics)
hi td, the ford is a 8700 and the rake is a Pedrick stick rake. It is amazing what you can do with a few pictures and some music.

Dave.

Last edited:

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
Nice video, Dave. It sure is dry out there. I had a look at the rainfall map and it looks like you might have scored some rain in the last month or so. I reckon there could be quite a few of those old Pederick rakes hiding in yards under trees. They were used quite extensively in SA, for raking stumps, especially in the South East and on the West Coast, when clearing was all the go, of course it has all been stopped now.

RnR.

Last edited:

xrdave

Occupation
Extruder Operater (blowen film plastics)
Thanks RnR, the rake makes light work of stick picking, my back is getting sore just thinking about it. The rake works real well through the deepest melonholes. :D

willd8r

Occupation
dozer operator Cat D11R
Nice video always enjoy the rurall part of au. Is it very dry or just the way it is The cattle look good We get used to looking a the tall green grass here on the mid Coast 3meters last 12 months you don't have go to far out & it drys out How many acres in that paddock you're raking

LakeRat1

Occupation
Retired From: Farming, Oil Field Service Co., Serv
Thanks for the Picture Tour of your Place, Your Cattle sure look good to be as dry as it looked, way back in the late 70s i cleared up some land to farm, and i used a tractor drawn rake something like you'll were using, & come to think of it, that is what it was called, Australian Root Rake, It did a fine job of sweeping things up after the Dozers were gone, we pulled some heavy disk over the land, then ran a 80 ft. land plane, by then there was all kind of stuff worked up to the top, we ran this rake over the place 2 times and we were ready to Farm, we grew Milo the first year, then went to Soybeans, PS: That Dozer Operator sure has a Dusty Job