• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

mx 13 delete

Highway Surfer

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of a dpf delete on a 2015 KW 660 500 hp, mx 13, system is throwing a code of #1 nozzle and a check engine light also the mechanical check engine light on occasion. Is it better to actually repair system or delete?

Tags

I'm not even sure you can delete it anymore… I thought the EPA in the last couple months had really cracked down on companies that were making tuners for trucks with deleted emissions. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in the emissions, I think it shortens the life of the motor, causes awful fuel mileage, and adds a ton more electrical crap to go wrong, but it looks like they EPA is going to make it incredibly difficult to delete emissions from a truck engine and just as hard for a shop to work on it.....