• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mustang 2050 stalling

MitchL32

Hey guys I’m looking for some help. Recently purchased a 1998 mustang 2050, fixed what was wrong with it (just a bad O ring apparently) and went to fire it up. When I went to start it, it started right up but the steering control arms just kept rapidly going back and forth and then it stalls. Did this about 5-10 times and got the same result. Not sure what I am doing wrong or if something is wrong with the machine itself. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Vetech63

Was it doing this before the oring repair? Where was the repair located? It sounds like whatever system you have on that machine for neutraling the steer levers isn't tight or adjusted properly.......or something may be broken in it.

MitchL32

No it was not doing this before the repair. The o ring repair was was on the right side hydraulic drive motor. It’s just odd because it wasn’t doing this before and not much was taken apart to repair this and everything was put back together properly.