• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Multi or Single Shanks Ripper

OilFieldHand

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Picture of my 10 or all the dozers together? I can post plenty of all of em lol

We are in this shale/ mud stone and this stuff can get tuff! At times my shanks on my d10 just cause it to stand on its toes. When you do get under it it just breaks out big chunks Ive had whole shelfs break off and slide with me.

OilFieldHand

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Teaser

Here is a pic I just uploaded.. ill post more for you guys :)

D10T...D9T...D8R series II

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 527

trackfanatic

The AUD has devalued

So my $0.02 is probably worth less than usual. Ours run multshank, dragging two tynes, or one in the middle if it gets tougher. I have seen a 4H with M/S but set up with a giant in the middle complete with pin puller - it was laying fibre optic cable in soft ground. I thought it was the ideal setup.

I've been jumped on for saying this here before but IMO "a dozer without rippers is only half a dozer". Try digging a hole up here in the dry without and you'd soon see why. Another of my favorite sayings is " they send me a D6 with three tynes when the D8 can hardly drag one". But I continue to buy the multi because it is more versatile.

Works for me

bigcatpip

oilfieldhand nice pic. Do you have any limestone rock in your area?

OilFieldHand

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
No, not in the area I am currently in or ever work in. Word has it there is limestone a little farther north. This stuff im usually always in is mud stone and shale. Lots of fossils :)

bigcatpip

do you look for any arrowheads.. I work with a guy at lunchtime that's all he did was look for them. never saw the point in that to me that like look for a 22 shell.

OilFieldHand

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
do you look for any arrowheads.. I work with a guy at lunchtime that's all he did was look for them. never saw the point in that to me that like look for a 22 shell.

Dont really have the time or the want to go look lol I have found several antlers while stripping topsoil :)

bigcatpip

hey oilfieldhand, what do you think of the new style ripper control?

OilFieldHand

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I like the new style controls, the auto stow button is my favorite thing of all