• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Muddy Komatsu dumper

Pecord Exc

Hey, don't get me wrong - I have a site truck that I use with my excavators and I have loaders that I'll use to move material maybe up to 100-150 feet or so.
But these things cost BIG money and Komatsu parts are just a little more expensive than platinum.
The ground disturbance point is really moot because wherever you dump it, you still need to work the material with an ex./loader/dozer, etc.

I guess if you have 2 excavators on the site and no tractor (which I see a lot of younger guys doing), you could use 2-3 of them to move the pile away, then backfill after the job.....and you need 2-3 of them so that both excavators/ops aren't sitting there making videos between turns.

I don't know, I just use my dozer or loader to move/stockpile material on site in one shot and its done.

We rented one from PBE a few months back a hydrema, needed to backfill a water main real tight quarters would have needed a sidedump bucket for our track loader, we unfortunatly dont have one. only had about 30' width to work with, expensive landscaping on both sides. bucketed the spoils into the dump truck with the excavator on the one side and used the hydrema to bring in sand bedding for the pipe. Definitely helped keep the disturbance down. That little machine saved us a lot of money on the job.

lantraxco

Looks like it might be a Hitachi crawler dumper amtronic, maybe a CG45. :)

Just to stick my $.02 in here, the Hitachi CG dumpers were all built by Morooka under contract. Some of them are just Morooka machines in Hitachi colors!

Cheers,
Lanway

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Just to stick my $.02 in here, the Hitachi CG dumpers were all built by Morooka under contract. Some of them are just Morooka machines in Hitachi colors!

Cheers,
Lanway

LoL, how right you are Lanway. The machines are painted in the Hitachi colors, and when you climb up in the cab and look at the foot rests, you see that Morooka "M" casted into the foot rest. :yup

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
I seen one with Caterpillars name on it.No Cat dealer ever heard of it.Had a six cyl.MIT's engine in it.Wish I had saved the pic.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I seen one with Caterpillars name on it.No Cat dealer ever heard of it.Had a six cyl.MIT's engine in it.Wish I had saved the pic.

Yeah 2stick, probably a LD1000. They are a grey market machine. A few do show up here in the states, but the Cat dealers don't know anything about them. Nice machines though, good undercarriage. ;)

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
Yeah 2stick, probably a LD1000. They are a grey market machine. A few do show up here in the states, but the Cat dealers don't know anything about them. Nice machines though, good undercarriage. ;)

Yes I noticed the only difference was the drive sprocket.The CAT sprocket was at the rear like a dozer.It did look good and so did the price.
These things a handy.Hard to get sometimes.