• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Most recent addition to the fleet 345CL ME

Wolf

Of course you get a lot of responses. These are awesome photos and awesome machines. Keep them coming.

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
One thing to keep in mind the one gravel mines here has a 345 they were quoted 500,000 dollars to rebuild the machine so when that machine in the picture needs rebuilding hope they have a big bank account :)

I think it got replaced with a bigger Komatsu :bouncegri

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
gps

Pullpan,

I know in a previous thread you said that one of the new 345c's was gonna get GPS as well, is it this one? What job are they breaking it in at? You'll have to get some action shots of the new machine if you can.

9420pullpan

i believe that they might take the Gps system off of the 385 and put it on this new 345C but i dont know for sure

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
9420pullpan said:
wow i didnt expect to get that many replies. first i love the JD 450's i love the comfort and performance. also we have around 25-30 345B's and none of them run the same as the next.

How does the 345C compare to the 345 and 345Bs?

9420pullpan

here are a few pics from the plant where the excavators are made in Belguim and im still diggin up some more

pict0033.jpg

pict0035.jpg

385c_350.jpg

dsc_3473_791#2.JPG

dsc_3461_942#2.JPG

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
very nice

My gf and I went for a Sunday drive yesterday, and by pure chance drove by the jobsite. IT is a very impressive machine and compared to the 345b, seems bigger:notworthy , could just be the ME front, but I'm not sure. At any rate, it makes me itch just a little more to start working...:yup 52 more days...

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3194/aicar345clme15kr.jpg

-Jim

Eknab

Love the UC on the 345C ES.

All you currently operating or owning a 345C can u please post
some figures of the fuel consumption.
Im in the market of buying a 345D and a fellow-contractor went on and
on about the excessive amount of diesel it drinks.

THX

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Eknab! :drinkup

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Love the UC on the 345C ES.

All you currently operating or owning a 345C can u please post
some figures of the fuel consumption.
Im in the market of buying a 345D and a fellow-contractor went on and
on about the excessive amount of diesel it drinks.

THX

I don't believe that Cat has release a D-series 345 as of yet... I could be wrong, but I believe the 330 is the largest of the D-series so far. I've heard (from our own operators) that the John Deere 450's have a lot more power. This leads me to ask, are you exclusively running Cat or have you been shopping around for your next 45-ton class excavator?:beatsme :usa

Wulf

here are a few pics from the plant where the excavators are made in Belguim and im still diggin up some more

Great pics... and that's awesome flooring material that doesn't get chewed up by those double grouser pads

Eknab

I don't believe that Cat has release a D-series 345 as of yet... I could be wrong, but I believe the 330 is the largest of the D-series so far. I've heard (from our own operators) that the John Deere 450's have a lot more power. This leads me to ask, are you exclusively running Cat or have you been shopping around for your next 45-ton class excavator?:beatsme :usa

The production of 345C has stopped so I ordered a 345D.
My dealer is giving me a 2006 345C to use until delivery will be made,
but there are so many ordered so it will take until late of 2008 until I get it.
I live in Finland but work also in Sweden and JD is not carryed by any dealers here. We have the farmtractors of JohnDeere but not much else...
And what comes to the shopping around part, yes Ive asked for offers from other brands too, but CAT has the best overall package
with financing and service and sofort... I used to be exclusively a VOLVO man, but they have sold so many units in reasent years that the service don´t keep up.

So I´m still waiting for someone to give me figures on the consumption...

Last edited:

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
The production of 345C has stopped so I ordered a 345D.
My dealer is giving me a 2006 345C to use until delivery will be made,
but there are so many ordered so it will take until late of 2008 until I get it.
I live in Finland but work also in Sweden and JD is not carryed by any dealers here. We have the farmtractors of JohnDeere but not much else...
And what comes to the shopping around part, yes Ive asked for offers from other brands too, but CAT has the best overall package
with financing and service and sofort... I used to be exclusively a VOLVO man, but they have sold so many units in reasent years that the service don´t keep up.

So I´m still waiting for someone to give me figures on the consumption...

I didn't even notice your location before I asked if you'd looked at a Deere, Sorry, my bad:Banghead As far as fuel consumptions, I can try to find out the difference between our 345b and 345c's, but I don't know of any 345d's over on this side of the pond yet.:notworthy No garantees, but I'll do my best to get you some info.

Eknab

No problem JB.
If you can sort out some info on 345C consumption I´m gonna be one
happy camper:drinkup .