• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Morooka mulcher

farmerjo

The famous Morooka droop. It almost looks like the tracks are too long, but then I don't have a listing for the MK80 track size, I list the 70 and 100.....

Typical fix in the dumper world (MST) is just lift the idler up, slip some suitable flat bar in under the idler yoke there and weld across the front underneath. Crude but effective. They're loose from the factory, no wear plates or anything, just steel on steel. There's a recoil spring laying loose inside that idler yoke tube, and a hydraulic cylinder comes in from behind with a flat plate on the end to push on the spring, if it's built like all the dumpers.

Thanks for the advice(much appreciated),went to town and got some steel today.

@ Wankel,My guess is parts manuals would be harder to source.
I'm in Thailand and as far as i know i'm the only one here with a Morooka.Swore after importing a Ford tractor here from Europe and having to modify Thai style i would buy local products with parts backup.
Being a slow learner the Morooka will need a lot of improvisation for parts along the way.Being a hobby farmer,i'm up for the challenge at this stage.

How long have you had your MKM70?

Wankel16

Hi farmerjo. Sorry for my poor english. I'm from Spain. I have bought this mkm70 a month ago. It still stopped about five years, out on the field. I try find a book of parts for this, for learn about the hydraulic and mechanic parts. And yes, is very dificult to find spares for this unit. The probem of my mkm is an hydrostatic pump (an uchida-rexroth a10vg43hw), it's without the rear part of the case and have no spare for this. Is an obsolete unit, no build and no other pump for replace, only try to copy the piece or adapt an rexroth a10vg45. The rest of the machine is in perfect condition with 2000 hours.

farmerjo

Sounds like you should get a decent run out of it when you solve the pump.
Any parts i can cross reference i will post here.My Morooka needs a bit of love to get it reliable but then should be ok.
Welded some plates in the yokes today which has stopped the 3 point implements rubbing on the tracks.
And i am ordering a tachometer/hourmeter of ebay as it's broken.(cannot find any 24 volt ones in thailand (which is hard to believe with all the trucks and buses here).
Also getting off ebay a 24 volt to 12 volt cigarette converter for my trimble gps i use for spraying.
Once they are sorted i'm operational.
The next major problem is the drive sprockets are well worn and need replacing.14 teeth,150mm pitch,15 bolt holes to secure it,385mmcentre to go over the hub and approximately 700mm overall diameter tooth end to tooth end.I have spent 4 hours on net today looking for them or something similar with no luck.
Other than that it's pretty tidy and my first tractor with airconditioning.
I'm Australian by the way but have lived in Thailand for 13 years growing maize,sunn hemp and about to try some pumkins and watermelons.

Attachments

• 20161018_062048.jpg
    20161018_062048.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 20161018_145152.jpg
    20161018_145152.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

lantraxco

I doubt you will find those sprockets, though you never know.

Best bet would be to either weld the old ones up, or have some new ones cut out of plate, not sure how easy that would be to get done where you are.

Wankel16

Hi. And the sprockets not be posible refill the wear parts? Is fundition, maybe difficult. The tacho of 12v with a relay (for supply with 24v at start) can be used. My unit have a direct wires from one unit battery but i dont know for what is it. And at the left side of the dashboard of my mkm have a 24v to 12v conversor for the microcontrol of the hydraulik lift, if the gps are low comsuption. Thanks for the help. The friend lantraxco is asking for the uchida-rexroth for the mine but is very difficult find it. I see that is the same system and pumps than the Morooka MST-500 dumper.

lantraxco

Hi. And the sprockets not be posible refill the wear parts? Is fundition, maybe difficult. The tacho of 12v with a relay (for supply with 24v at start) can be used. My unit have a direct wires from one unit battery but i dont know for what is it. And at the left side of the dashboard of my mkm have a 24v to 12v conversor for the microcontrol of the hydraulik lift, if the gps are low comsuption. Thanks for the help. The friend lantraxco is asking for the uchida-rexroth for the mine but is very difficult find it. I see that is the same system and pumps than the Morooka MST-500 dumper.

Apologies I had not noticed that, you are correct the same model pump it seems was used in the single speed 500's. That may make it easier as the 500 here is not a popular machine, may be able to find one that is being dismantled.

farmerjo

Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Used Wankel 's advice and hooked up gps to converter,works well.
Did a bit of a drawing on the drive sprockets,the easiest option here will be to find a profile cutter and have pieces made to weld on and build up the sprockets.
Next question,there seems to be a lot of heat on the engine and airconditioner drive belts and when the revs go up the aircond makes a noise(slipping)even thou i have plenty of tension.They are A section belts,i put a B section belt on the spare alternator pulley and seemed a better fit.Should they be A or B section?

Regards20161021_142914.jpg20161021_151232.jpg

lantraxco

Common sense rule is the belt should ride above the top of the pulley by about an 1/8" when new..... does that have a Cummins engine?

lantraxco

Agreed.
No this a real oddball,has a Hino engine in it.

Nope, nothing oddball about that, Morooka has always used the "What have we got in the warehouse" method of engine selection or so it seems, the exception of course being the machines built for Komatsu, they always seem to have Kommie engines which was usually a good thing.

farmerjo

So how would i find out what model Hino engines Morooka used,i can't find any numbers on the engine to match anything up.

Found the problem with the v-belts,the twin pulley on the crankshaft.The inner sheave which drives the fan and alternator is spinning.
Lucky i found it as it had moved right back and was eating into the engine housing so going to weld it up short term till can source one.
Oh boy,can't be to much left after this i hope.:)

farmerjo

Farmjo - if you cannot find your Morooka sprockets locally, you might have ask Sunset Equipment (Morooka agents, Australia) or track firms like http://www.qtrack.com.au/ in Brisbane, Australia.

Hi Plebeian,
Was wondering if you know of anyone who has had anything to do with these machines.
Had it 3 months and still hesitant to use it till i find out how and what revelance the pto switch has?
Whether it diverts more oil when pto is running or maybe for the extra remotes at back of machine.
Had Morooka Japan send an operators manual in Japanese but somehow my wife misplaced it before i could get translations done.

Regards Steve

Plebeian

There have only been a few Morooka 'tractor ' (pto, linkage arms) type machines in NZ. Matco have likely had something to do with them, or might be able to direct you people who have run these machines.
http://www.matco.co.nz/
There are a few running tracked machines in NZ that often have been modified into a more heavy duty configuration. http://www.landprep.co.nz/Home.aspx It is necessary to know that good components and matching them up.

Last edited:

Wankel16

Good evening. And now, i have another problem with my morooka mk (mitsubishi mkm). The silentblocks of the drive train. They was good look but when i run few meters the material crack and fall. Atach an images. Looks like poliurethane but i dont know the shore of the material for buy it

Attachments

• IMG_7799.JPG
    IMG_7799.JPG
    847.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7798.JPG
    IMG_7798.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 23

farmerjo

20170830_180348.jpg 20170830_180424.jpg 20170830_180339.jpg An update on my machine.
Have done mods for local weather and farming conditions to radiator and a/c(turned fan 180 degress) shrouds,also went back to manual tension on the tracks.
Being a novice with rubber tracks i either screwed them up pretty quick by not cleaning often enough,broken spring tensioners or they sat in the dealers yard to long.Have had to bolt some plates and looks like the internal wire is holding them together in a few areas.
Since my track sprockets and pitch tracks are obsolete i think i could go to mk or mkm-70 running gear.
But i need to know if the drive hub is the same size diameter,anyone know?My hub diameter is 320mm.
Before i said it was 385mm but that must have been hole centres.
If i can't find a solution with rubber tracks i will take it to town when they fail and get it converted to steel tracks with ready available spare parts.(cat or komatsu)
I do love the machine for it's versatility.

Attachments

• 20170830_180550.jpg
    20170830_180550.jpg
    719.4 KB · Views: 23

Plebeian

See if Yonggu, Hangzhou have any rubber tracks that are close to what you have.
http://www.ygrubber.com/doce/gsjj.htm
http://www.ygrubber.com/doce/cp16.htm
and
http://www.maxwaycn.com/english/lxwm.asp

Probably need a few more dimensions on the sprockets- bolts (number and size), bolt hole spacing etc. Draw out on paper/ cad etc

Berco have 1,100 sprocket configurations. https://www.berco.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/WR432GB00C_CATdisc1.pdf
Steel tracks are likely to be a rough ride and the vibrations can cause extra machine issues. Berco track (Bescon, Bngk) have full undercarriage but would be a big $ project.

I see New Holland are more directly involved in your area. (TK4000 series ag crawlers)
http://agriculture1.newholland.com/...ulture-enters-direct-distribution-in-thailand

Last edited:

Jamesj

Pto

New to the site so please bear with me.

Have just purchased a mk80 marooka and the pto grinds on engagement.

Firstly is there a procedure for engaging it,there's a pull switch which turns a light on the dash and the lever on right hand side of dash which you either
push forward or pull back depending on what rpm required.

Have been searching on the net for days for a operators manual but reading above posts my luck might be out.

Regards
Hi, new to the site, just bought a mk80 myself and got an issue with the pto engagement on mine. Was wondering if you got yours sorted and if I could pick your brains about it. Thanks