• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

more on building a dump package

golddigger

I realize this has been posted before, though what would be the estamated cost on putting a new or used 10'long 30"side dump box from soup to nuts together on a single axle cab and chassis. I'm really looking for the cost to buy used and don't know what's involved or needed to go from the box to a working dump. Thank you......:confused:

BIGDAN315

Occupation
Self employed in the excavating buis and have been
I realize this has been posted before, though what would be the estamated cost on putting a new or used 10'long 30"side dump box from soup to nuts together on a single axle cab and chassis. I'm really looking for the cost to buy used and don't know what's involved or needed to go from the box to a working dump. Thank you......:confused:

Got an International single axle dump I will sell you. Save you all the work...:D

golddigger

ideally I would like something w/ between 280-300 hp w/ a straight 6 or 7 but a 9sp would be good. Though I really don't want to go beyond $10,500. That's why I'm weighing my options. I know this is alot to expect for that price range.

nedly05

If you go with a straight 6 or 7 make sure it has a a 5:38 or a 6:14 gear ratio, if you go with the 9 (that would be better IMO) look for a 4:33 to a 5:38. Those are pretty popular ratios up here. Good Luck!

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
dump body

As someone stated, its better to buy what you need, complete, truck and body.
You should be able to find a good single axle dump in your price range. If you already have a truck, does it have a PTO, hyd tank, plumbing, cab controls, etc. This alone will costs about $3000 little more if its automatic. In my area a good used dump, with cylinder about $3000 up, to install about $1000. Airgate control, add about $400, if you can do it yourself. Tarp system installed about $800 with cab controls.
I have learned from the school of hard knocks, to buy what you need, I know all of us dont have a bunch of money laying around, but if you buy junk, youll end up with junk, but only youll have a lot of money in it and when you want to sell it, in most cases (at least mine) youre going to lose money.
Most dump trucks are set up with the right tranny, rears, etc
Just do your homework, lots of good info on this site