• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Model FMC Skidder

Puffie40

So...Yeah.

Just posting these here...
IMG_20140512_115030.jpg
IMG_20140512_115053.jpg

It's a heavily butchered Academy M113 kit with Verlinden pewter tracks with everything else made from styrene and a little sculpty. Im thinking of building a diorama with it to hide the finish problems I made - I even have a figurine set up!

The build log is here

cubanator

What scale is that thing? 1/24 ish im guessing? Looks fantastic, nice work!

Puffie40

IMG_20140514_230126.jpg

The scale is 1/35. I'm rather proud of how it turned out. Now to figure out how to weather it...

I'd definitely consider a grapple type in the future - maybe a KMC Variant? Front end would be easier to build... (Styrene doesn't like bending very much)

one other type I'd like to try is a R/C model of one. Need access to a lathe and milling machine though.

cubanator

Puffie40;493381(Styrene doesn't like bending very much) [/QUOTE said:
Try using a little heat. I'm by far no master but I've had pretty good results w/ different thincknesses and types using my heat gun to warm it up. Practice pieces are a good idea. I used a bunch haha!