• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mobile crane tags and title

Robert 9310

Hello does anybody know the proper way to tag a mobile crane. I am in the process of buying a Terex t 340 but I’m very hesitant to purchase cause it doesn’t come with a title owner says you don’t need a title but how would you get a tag for it I’m in Florida .

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Equipment isn't titled in any state that I'm aware of. Proof of ownership is a bill of sale and/or a UCC report showing money is owed against it. I'm in Washington State and things like mobile cranes can be registered for travel on the highway by contacting someone at the department of licensing. The process usually involves a state patrol officer doing an inspection on site and then you get a license plate to put on the unit. I'm sure there are documents and fees also involved. Hopefully someone from Florida can chime in on any differences.