• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mitsubishi ms40-8 intermittent track problem

giubu

Hi there,
I don't know how, but in the depths of the internet I have managed to find a manual to reassembly a drive that is very similar to mine, I think it's exactly the same only bigger. I put it up here in case somebody else needs it.
It actually calls for some kind of adhesive to be applied on the bolts, so I guess that's the step I was missing. I'm gonna go and do that and hopefully that will be the end of it.
All the best to you all

Attachments

• 2011-02-16_024244_e70b_f-d_second.pdf
    930.5 KB · Views: 5

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Thank you for that G
Its a great gesture that you made a point of posting the result of your search to help others
Kind regards
Uffex

giubu

Update,
after using the machine without problems for about a week, I went and checked the oil level on the gear side.
when I took the plug out with the engine running, oil came out even though the plug was positioned at the upper most level. also oil was coming out in pulses, so I figured the oil seal ring is blown.
I took everything apart and the seal has a slight crack in it, so I am going to replace it.
Is this an indication that something is wrong on the pump side? I guess pressure builds up when it shouldn't and the seal gave in. The motor only feels a little weak at low engine rpm, at half throttle there is no difference with the other side.
I am thinking to hand lap the backing plate and back of pump rotor the remove very little scratches that are there.
Is that something that is advisable to do in this situation or should I look for replacement parts?
thanks a lot