• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mitsubishi BD2J Reversing Hassles

Bruce NSW Aus

Occupation
4x4 Park Operator
I purchased a Mitsubishi BD2J Power Shift Dozer last year and have had time now to play a bit. Apart from being disappointed the dealer didn't have the thought to reverse the wear plates on the blade in the workshop....would have been a lot easier than in the field, especially since the plate was worn to the blade on the left side . Now I am having fun with a squealing right steer brake/ clutch, the left needs only partial pulling to work in forward or reverse. The right needs pulling quite hard all the way to operate and squeals like a banchee. The other "hassle" is lack of reverse on an incline, my gears work well in forward up or down hill, however if working down hill I am having trouble engaging reverse to go back up hill. Is it oil levels or something major.

imdjack

Occupation
Semi retired
Bruce,
I was doing some work yesterday and noticed I am having the same problem with my BD2G. Left steering brake works OK but the right needs pulling hard when moving up hill . I also just bought my B2DG just finished replacing rollers and idler on one side. I guess now I will need to either replace or adjust the brake bands . Haven't figured out where and how to get to them yet. Have you had any success with your problem?

Thanks.
Jack