• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Minni Excavator: Kubota KX the best?

RJ2482

HI,
is there someone out there who could give me a steer with regards to the best mini digger available on the market.
I have some buying perimeters, which are:
Max tow weight is 2 t ( so I can use my 4x4).
Have a full cab.
Ultra reliable.
I am about to start a new build for a 3 houses on a sloping site and there is a fair amount of work for the machine to get through. In addition I hope to supplement my build with some days where I can hire 'man & machine' out.
There are a lot of machines out there and I have looked at:
JCB 8014, 8016, 8018
Takeuchi tb016, tb219
Yanmar sv15
Kubota
KX41 3v
KX36 3
The Kubota KX41 seems to be edging things at the moment as this machine seems to have some good reviews, but I wonder how these diggers cope in the real world? Any advice pls

Canuck Digger

Occupation
Business Owner, Equipment Operator, Fishing Guide
Been discussed to death. Do some searching around the site. Kubota, TK, both great machines. They're all pretty good though if you maintain them...............