• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mini ex drive motors

hotwire22

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Who all out there has had to replace the track drive motors on their mini/small excavators. Tell me the brand and size of machine and the price of the motors. I think I am getting a royal screwing out of Thomas on my pt-15 motor. They want $2700 plus around $300 to ship it in from Japan. I will take that throw away piece of equipment and use it as a bass shelter before I put that much into it. Is this the typical price for drive units. This is only a 2000 pound machine!!!

nobull1

Charter Member
Occupation
Same as interests
Have not had to replace one on any of my machines as of yet. When I was at the Kubota dealer one day I was asking about the price of drive motors. I was shocked that a drive motor on my 3.5 ton machine was over $5000 can or $4000 US. So I think your price might be right. This is one of the reasons why I did fluid tests before my warranty was up. Myself I would go to a local hydraulic shop and see what they can do for you. I have been told that a rebuilt is 2/3 the price of a new one, in our area.