1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

milling equipment

Discussion in 'Mills' started by oakland, May 18, 2008.

1. oakland

oakland COPPA

high school
    recently there have been some large projects here is some of the equipment i have found

Attached Files:

2. Nick Abeyta

Nick Abeyta Member

I heard they were literally roads to nowhere up in Michigan that were being reclaimed for just for the asphalt - Any truth to this?

3. oakland

oakland COPPA

high school
    i dont know i dont live in michigan i live in idaho. but i wouldnt doubt it theyll do anything to waste money.

4. milling_drum

milling_drum Senior Member

asphalt mill operator (ret)
    I can't believe that rear loaders are still on the roads...nice to see old iron!

5. andoman

andoman Well-Known Member

No the company doing it is PRI in Utica, MI and the counties are paying them to crush and shape them to "reduce maintenance costs". I don't know where they came up with this idea but it's mostly happening up north away from most populated areas. Sorry for digging up an old topic.

6. milling_drum

milling_drum Senior Member

asphalt mill operator (ret)
    Down in Texas they are putting out to bid all those giant hills of millings acquired over the last 20 years. Crush and sell it.