• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Might have bought some tires

56wrench

Can you somehow add cast iron wheel weights? I prefer using them to adding fluid/calcium. No corrosion, however, if the rims weren’t designed for weights then they may have to be reinforced around the holes where the weights are attached. If none can be found, and you are handy, you may be able to make your own from concrete and then paint to match. For example, a steel pipe ring filled with concrete and mounting studs set at the correct pattern via a plywood template

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
While weights are not a bad idea and I think my rims would be strong enough to support them, the ease of using a sump pump in a 30 gallon bucket and a 15 dollar valve off Amazon are just to good to pass up.
I am putting tubes in them already and the difference in stability between my backhoe and the Kubota is quite substantial.
I was just using the Kubota yesterday and the push-pull and maneuverability while in the woods, is awesome.
I do worry about the extra wear and tear on the drivetrain, so will have to do more research.