• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

michigan clark 85a need info

jim cheal

my name is jim and im new to this web forum im thinking of getting a 1980"s michigan clark 85a loader would like to no more about them the in's and out's maybe little secrets i need to no things like that all im going to use it for is to move logs around move wood chips and a little snow thats it and i no i will not be using this thing over 5 mph because my lot is not that big so this should be a good loader for me right and it does not have any breaks and how do you stop or load trucks with no breaks let me no and if there are any videos out there or any web pages to order parts or what ever let me no thank you very much jim from michigan this is what the machine looks like let me no thank you upload_2018-3-8_18-0-10.jpeg

jim cheal

the owner did she bought it from a guy and she used it for a 3 years and now she needs something smaller and i need something bigger so what you guys think are they good loaders

Welder Dave

I think they were good loaders in their day but that was about 50 years ago. I guess it depends on how it operates and the price. The fact the owner says it's from the 80's makes me think she wants too much for it. Some parts may be near impossible to find and who knows what it will take to get the brakes working.

Edilgru

Hello JIM,
Please, ready serial number of your MICHIGAN 85A.
I have genuine parts for old Michigan Loader.
the owner did she bought it from a guy and she used it for a 3 years and now she needs something smaller and i need something bigger so what you guys think are they good loaders

jim cheal

thanks for all your info but the lady sold it but i did find something different will post it and then let me no what you guys think thank you jim

ken mitchell

Hello JIM,
Please, ready serial number of your MICHIGAN 85A.
I have genuine parts for old Michigan Loader.
Hi. I'm Kenny.
I own a clark model 85dc-3a. Sn 426a126. It has a 8 cly cummins, disc brakes. Do you know what engines were used then? I need some basic engine info, and am looking for service documentation. Any ideas? Thanks kenny