• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Michigan Clark 75A Transmission Problem Front End Loader

tfbrenizer

Having a problem on an older Clark 75A Front End Loader. Basically, it will go in reverse, but not forward.

Problem started when loader went off a truck sideways while being unloaded. After that the loader will not go forward. We have been through the transmission and do not see any visible issues.

Reverse Compression:
Pressure drops from 1,600 and comes back to 1,200 to 1,400 and moves fine.

Forward Compression:
Drops from 1,600 to 800 and won't come back up.

Also looking for a transmission diagram if anyone has one.

Thanks for your thoughts on possible solutions.

Komatsu 150

Old Seabee is the real expert on these. Hopefully he'll pop in. When I had this problem with ours a couple of times it was due to clutch teeth failure jamming up the clutch for the direction that still worked. Since your pressures are off something else is going on. I do have the manuals on my computer and can attach or e-mail you a few pages. It's just too big to e-mail the entire file. What do you need, oil flow, parts diagram or ? Just for laughs this link is ours that I started after 14 years in the shed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k_-fzKkCMs

tfbrenizer

Thanks. If you could email any diagrams on the transmission, that would help. Our email is tammy (AT) brenizersalvage (dot) com.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Komastu 150
you can use a upload site 4share.com to send large file to someone .It is a free site.Just sign up with a user name and password.Just upload the the files .Than click on share and click on get link. Than send the link to them to download .It make large file transfer so easy .I use it and works greatI have sent guys on here large files for machines.

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
Not sure where you are taking your pressures. Transmission clutch pressure should be150 to 200 PSI, no where near 1600 or 800 that you are getting, those sound like hydraulic system pressures.
Refering to Komatsu 150's comment about the clutch teeth jamming the clutch in the direction that works, a quick way to check this is to see if you can get neutral. If you can ge neutral the clutch for the direction that works isn't jammed, although it could be dragging but the machine would tend to creep in neutral

randy lee hoeft

I've heard of it, I'll have to give it a try, my e-mail is pretty much limited to 5MB or so.
kamatsu 150
Still haven't figured out my 75A loader yet , When its cold works great for 25min then it stops moving , transmission pressure is 180 when you start out
then drops to 40 after 25 min , the leave set 45 min then works again , any suggestions Thanks Randy