• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Michigan 75A Rear Wheel Predicament

pl8fixr

Greetings all,

I somehwhat inherited a Michigan 75A with the Waukesau 6 cylinder motor. Things work great on it as far as motor, hydraulics bucket and it has a backhoe attachment that works great.

My predicament is the left rear axle broke and the bolt flange on the end of the differential housing bent and broke. I suppose an axle might be in order if one can be found. I am not sure however on the fix for the bolt flange. I cant tell if the flange was pressed onto the axle housing or perhaps it was somehow welded onto the end as an assembly. It appears to be cast metal so that adds another twist to what I can do.

Hoping someone out there is familiar with this machine and this area of it and can provide some suggestion on a fix. Does anyone know if the read end in these machines was interchangeable with other machines or anything. It looks like the rear end could have been used in large 2 ton trucks or something also.
Thanks for any input.

I added a pic for reference

axle.JPG

>HevyIndsMFGng<

Occupation
Mechanic/Student
This website might be of some use: http://www.tractorparts.com/ They have a ton of old scrap machines of all sorts and might be able to help you out. Is the axle housing itself damaged or is it just the axle shaft flange? If the axle housing is indeed damaged it would be awfully difficult to repair as cast iron can be quite a monkey to weld.

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Is ths an old rear steer machine? If it is Shafer's at Wolflake Illinois should have the whole axle for around 1200. I called 2 years ago for one for a scrap yard. It may be more now. Can you post a few pictures of the entire machine up for us Iron junkies. Id like to see the backhoe to. We dont see them around here like that with a hoe on back. Is the hoe a Pippin or a Ware.