• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Michigan 55 III

Jeff S

Hi all, Would anybody know where I can get manuals and brake parts for my Michigan 55III? I've been procrastinating for about 5 years on getting the brakes working and finding manuals for this machine! I think it needs wheel cylinder's and shoes. I replaced the air vavle back when I bought it but that wasn't the problem. Thanks Jeff S

Jeff S

I have the same trouble with my 75C.Try doepkerindustrial.com they have a large selection.

Thanks Blaster, I'll give em a try. I really haven't did a thing other engine tune up's and fluid changes to this machine so I don't know where to get parts or if there even available anymore! It's mid - late 70's era. I was told it's a 79 but i have no clue if that's right! Thanks again, Jeff

Blaster

Thanks Blaster, I'll give em a try. I really haven't did a thing other engine tune up's and fluid changes to this machine so I don't know where to get parts or if there even available anymore! It's mid - late 70's era. I was told it's a 79 but i have no clue if that's right! Thanks again, Jeff

Call your local Volvo dealer, up here they go by Strongco. Give them the serial number and they will give you all the nformation on your machine

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Volvo still carries a lot of parts for Michigan loaders. Call your local dealer if you are in Collins one of the dealers listed is
Vantage Equipment
5985 Court Street Road - Syracuse, NY 13206-1790
Phone: (315) 437-2611
Fax: (315) 437-2026

All Jacked Up

you could also try associated power train. They are the self proclaimed "Michigan experts" and should have what you need.
1800-358-1103

IndReman

Occupation
Owner Equipment Rebuild Facility
Hi all, Would anybody know where I can get manuals and brake parts for my Michigan 55III? I've been procrastinating for about 5 years on getting the brakes working and finding manuals for this machine! I think it needs wheel cylinder's and shoes. I replaced the air vavle back when I bought it but that wasn't the problem. Thanks Jeff S

Tractorparts.com has some old michigan 55III. Try them for used parts for your machine!

Bigstevex4

Worked for a clark michigan dealer for decades volvo bought them out but that stuff is so basic any good drive train outfit can reline the brakes and supply cyl or seals.

Jeff S

Worked for a clark michigan dealer for decades volvo bought them out but that stuff is so basic any good drive train outfit can reline the brakes and supply cyl or seals.

Bigstevex4, Hey thanks for the info. Beleive it or not, I don't know of any good drive train outfit's here or in Buffalo, NY anymore but, then again I really haven't looked in awhile either. Does the air compressor get oiled by the engine oil? I'm gettin alot of oil in the air tank. Bad rings in the compressor ya think? Thanks again for the help! Jeff

Bigstevex4

Yes it get oiled from the eng probly rings. get it from cummins or detroit. depending on what eng you have. gotta be lots drive train places in acity that size just do a search on google.

Jeff, I'm with Associated Powertrain... Thanks for the reference AJU...Commercial solicitation removed

Last edited by a moderator: