• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Michigan 275B fairprice and input needed

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
in relation to my vibrascreen thread.......

I am headed out tomorrow to look at a bunch of iron, i am needing a spare wheel loader for the dirtpile it wont ever be on a job and wont get much use maybe 50-100hrs per year.

it is a 275B looks fair in pics but will know more tomorrow, rubber on it is 50% and comes with 4 spares. i guess they had several loaders at one time but this is the last one they have left so they are letting them go with it......

anyways, i have heard they were good machines back in the day but what was some of the drawbacks or main problems, also are parts avail at all anymore?

considering the machine is in workable and somewhat dry what is a decent price i have seen them all over the board but honestly if im going to spend much i will just buy a nice 924 or something,

what does this machine compare to in size and production wise on a modern unit?

oh and it comes with choice of 4 buckets so im sure i can pick out a good one surely lol.

sorry i cant post pics they was sent to me in a scanned PDF.

pj

2005kes2005

I paid$20 k for a 1990 l320
The last version of the michigan 275/ then Volvo 320 line
275 b is Detroit powered usually - auction / wholesale
Would be about 10 k
It's a 7 yd loader
Fuels not cheap.
Cheers m

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
i should have made a post and i apologize for not, i passed on the loader it was pretty rough, the good thing about it was that it had been updated to a KT cummins, and it had what they called a spadenose but it was actually a oversize coal bucket with no replaceable edges or teeth installed, it needed new frogs all the way around, the loader booms have been cracked and repaired but not correctly, and the ass had rammed everything in the quarry so i would guess the brakes were less than fair lol

they had 8 tires and I am not sure that we could have came up with 4 that would have held air long enough to get on a truck..... exhaust had rotted off of it many many years ago and has not been capped so i didnt even bother trying to crank it.

they wanted $11k for it and it would probably scrap for that but i am an end user not a core/component guy.

They did have a HD31B that was in good mechanical shape but i am trying to get away from large old dozers and in my opinion it may do more work than a D9H but i would rather have a D9L any day of the week.

pj