• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Metso MP800 Adjustment Ring Cracks

Keith Sherren

We have been experiencing cracks on the leading edge of the threads of our adjustment rings. Thread wear does not appear to be the issue as we are seeing this on crushers with relatively new rings and bowls.
The leading edge of the thread cracks for approximately 1 meter and then the crack appears to stabilize however not totally sure about that as yet.
We have been unable to get much assistance from Metso however we are hearing that other users experience similar issues with the MP800.
Looking for any kind of reply from other MP800 operators.

bdiwearparts

Sorry, can not help you for this. But we have all the spare parts and wear parts for this MP800. Please let me know if you need any. Thanks.
Here is the adjustment ring for HP400.
HP400 ADJUSTMENT RING PN 1061873403.jpg

Here is the adjustment ring for 5.5 Symons.
5.5 symons adjusting ring PN 6187-6741.jpg

Last edited:

Keith Sherren

Thanks for the reply however we want to focus on preventing the problem. We have purchased brand new rings from very reputable manufacturers and had the leading edge start to crack within about six months. Indications are that the crack progresses to a point and then stops.

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
Keith,

I have never even seen a mp 800. My experience is only with one hp300. It had a cracked thread in the adjustment ring after removing the thread and grinding the area smooth it didn't fail again. Supposedly the problem was a weak clamp cylinder, not tramp cylinder. I would do leak off checks on all clamp cylinders. This sounds like an engineering grade problem. My local nordberg dealer is an extremely small company, Miller machinery in Washington state, USA. Give Mike Miller a call, he grew up in the industry, my guess he is in the top 5% of experience in the symons, nordberg, metso group.

.......TIO

Keith Sherren

We operate 5 x MP800 (shortheads) and 1 x MP1000 (standard). 4 of the 5 MP800s now have cracked adjustment rings. We have operated some of the crushers for more than 10 years and only started seeing the problem about 3-4 years ago at which point we zeroed in on a combination of ring and bowl thread wear however have now ruled that out. Clamping systems are in good shape. Hopefully cracks do not progress and we can simply remove the broken threads and carry on as you have done with your 300.
Thanks for your reply.

bdiwearparts

Hi Keith,

Can I get your email address? Or you can send me a email at don@bdiwearparts.com We have all the parts for MP800 and MP1000. We are making a lot of MP800 Liners for BHP Billiton Ltd. with good result.

Don

Last edited: