• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Messin around with my deere

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
Found an old model "m" pop n' john last week. Today I decided to mount the mower and see how it worked. The mower is one of three mounted attachments that i bought with the tractor. I also picked up of a two bottom plow and a disk. As for mounting the attachments, I can see clearly why the fords three point became the universal atachment system.

Well, the mower works... enjoy the pic. I'll be sure to add more as I restore it...

Attachments

• 1123081330.jpg
    1123081330.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 1,142
Last edited:

dieseldave

Nice little tractor, Stumpjumper! I know what you mean about the implement mounting:eek: Have you hooked up the plow yet? It's a unique experience:Banghead Ours is a '49 that was bought by my great-grandfather in 1950, been in the family ever since. That's my dad cruisin' around on it.:cool2

Attachments

• dad on JD M0001.JPG
    dad on JD M0001.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,102

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
Diesel, I must admit you win the spit and polish compition... for now. Is your three point original? Or did it come from a 40?

dieseldave

Diesel, I must admit you win the spit and polish compition... for now. Is your three point original? Or did it come from a 40?

Wow, I won something! And I didn't even know I entered... :p Actually the M is due for another repaint one of these days, we did it years ago with cheapo synthetic enamel and farm store decals years ago and it's starting to look a little rough. I did a JD R for my dad a couple of years ago in Imron with Jorde decals and the extra effort and expense was well worth it. The three point is homemade, I think- I can get some detail pics if you want.

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
you mean a real 3pt hitch like my little toy?

Attachments

• plowing.jpg
    plowing.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 980

dieseldave

Stumpjumper, Here's that "R" I was talking about. Out in the weather for months and still looks good- I'm an Imron convert!

BTW, If this comes up twice, sorry- I thought I posted it earlier :beatsme

Attachments

• JD R 90001.JPG
    JD R 90001.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 785
  • JD R 50001.JPG
    JD R 50001.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 783
  • JD R 10001.JPG
    JD R 10001.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 776

indian347

Siickel bar

That sickel bar must B a pain to instal ! I used to drag one behind a H for houre's and loved it. Yours would B nicer in a way because you could watch the hay fall.Poietry in motion !!! Jim

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
Very nice looking tractor! Id love to work some ground on that thing!

dieseldave

Come on out, there's plenty of discing to be done!

It really is a neat old tractor- big old 2 cylinder torquing along at 1000rpm, you can feel every power stroke when it's on the governor. The little 2 cylinder opposed piston pony motor looks like a scale model of a Cat pony. LOL