• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Merlo 25.6 question

KellyF1972

hi, I recently purchased a Merlo 25.6. The anti overturn keeps freezing the machine as we use it on a lot of uneven ground. The local dealer says there’s an easy way to disable it, but can’t legally tell me. Anyone know how? Thank you

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I'll admit I had to google that machine.. it looks like it has a very low ground clearance.??
How uneven do u go for it to kick on.?? Cant be very much due to ground clearance..
I wonder if theres a way to adjust it.?? Have u asked.?? How about getting the dealer to just show u WHERE it is.?? & u can figure it out from there.. maybe taking the sensor out & "paper clipping" the connector.??
BUT u gotta find it first.. & THATS the problem, don't know where it is.??

skata

I never seen a telehandler with a level sensor. Why does it have one?
Just look for the level sensor and that will probably be what you disable.

old timer

Occupation
field mechanic
Hi Kelly, lets see if I can help
If the machine is showing 'tip over' it is more than likely the 2 sensors at the rear steering king pins. They are a simple micro switch activated by a pin. Look at the rear steering knuckles, there is a plate with a grease fitting and a harness. Could be that someone thought this was used to grease the upper knuckle. Pull the plate off and clean the grease that is sticking the pin to the switch and reassemble. DO NOT leave that pin out! It is a vital part of the anti-tip system, and a small machine like that WILL tip-over on uneven ground! Slow your operators down if the alert comes up when travelling. That is telling you that the rear tires are lifting.
The other problem I have seen, the harness running to the attachment plug at the forks. Seen more than a few wire breaks at the plug.
Merlo's are over built when it comes to safety, and that's a good thing. But sometimes it's frustrating.
Hope this helps

mikeAdams

hi, I recently purchased a Merlo 25.6. The anti overturn keeps freezing the machine as we use it on a lot of uneven ground. The local dealer says there’s an easy way to disable it, but can’t legally tell me. Anyone know how? Thank you
Hi, did you find the answer to your question? And what year is your machine?

Txhayseed

We used to have a lot of merlots in our rental fleet. The only reason we moved away from them was sensors. We always had to go out and reset the system. They are built to EU safety standards. They are great machines but once you put a guy in it that runs skytracs, genies or other common brands here in the United states they are not used to working with those parameters. They run them hard all day no matter the terrain or job site conditions. They just crash through the job site full speed bouncing every where. You can't do that with merlos, mectrec, etc etc. They are more
" refined" when it comes to safety and conditions. Personally I would not bypass any safety system. Once you do any accidents or injuries is solely on you.. I would hate to imagine what that would cost once it went to court or litigation. Probably bankruptcy if you got of that lucky. Training your operators would be a better option... But that is just my 2 cents.